New stripped back band video

Juniper

Gold Member
Little video the band did a few weeks ago with Wurd Sessions.

Stripped back cover of a newish Ryan Adams song 'Do You Still Love Me'. Our frontman using his Guitarvoi which is a pretty unorthodox instrument with a very particular sound (which we all love and have been waiting to use it in this band) with our bassist on piano. Changed the existing arrangement and kinda came up with our own.

https://youtu.be/JKItAFlruaI

Very pleased with this. We turned up at the original filming location to be told we couldn't film there anymore so had to dash round to the other side of London with two cars full of instruments (on the day of the London Marathon with road closures a plenty) and film crew to find another venue within 2 hours that had a piano.

Luckily found a ballet studio that would have us and got footage for two songs in the bag within the final hour.

The footage is taken from multiple takes so some sync issues here and there but nothing major and I'm happy to let them go.

Another video is due to be released soon.

opentune

Platinum Member
Very nice. I like playing with those mallets, don't do it very often though.
Just wondering, do you always have your floor tom at that height?

Juniper

Gold Member
Thank you for sharing. Absolutely wonderful.

Thank you for checking it out and for the kind words. Appreciate it.

Very nice. I like playing with those mallets, don't do it very often though.
Just wondering, do you always have your floor tom at that height?

Thank you, the mallets don't get much of an airing in this band but i do love using them.

With regards to the height I'm not sure if I'm honest, I think I tend to set it at the height that's right for the application. In this instance it was a lot of quiet playing so I didn't want to have it too low and further away. Was nice to be close to me as I needed to play softly but saying that it's probably close to the height I normally have it.

Dr_Watso

Platinum Member
I thought this was pretty cool. Is there more from the session? Really strong Coldplay vibe to my ear... Especially the cadence of the vocals.

Juniper

Gold Member
I like everything about this, except the Guitarvoi part in the chorus - everywhere else, it works beautifully. Of course, that's only my opinion. Love your tasteful playing on this. Restrained, but still contributing & supporting = very classy Jon.

Thanks for checking it out Andy and I appreciate the feedback!!. It's a strange yet captivating instrument thats for sure. Never heard one before everyone seemed to start using them in movie soundtracks from 'Black Swan' onwards, in that film the noise is very unsettling and it's an instrument that goes from almost dreamy to dark very easily.

I think our frontman was trying to get close to the stabbing parts in the original version by Ryan Adams in those bits. That version is very stop-start so I think that's what was aiming for there.