NEW SPEED KING AVAILABILITY?

TheLowerTownSound

Hey all, I'm one of the many that got excited about the new SK and paid for one in advance from my local shop. Is there anyone that has ANY idea when these things will actually ship? Lots of places have them 'available' but out of stock on line. Just curious as i'm really excited about this.

They must still be in limbo. I don't play Ludwig, but excitement high been high among many players in anticipation of the new Speed King. It's a good-looking pedal, maintaining the simplicity of the original design with improved mechanics. Sit tight. You'll be all the more pumped up when it finally arrives.

Definitely pumped. I have an old 70's one now, and love the feel of the action, but don't like the instability compared to my DW5000. I'm hoping the new version will have the best of both worlds...

Definitely pumped. I have an old 70's one now, and love the feel of the action, but don't like the instability compared to my DW5000. I'm hoping the new version will have the best of both worlds...

My first pedal ever, which came with my first kit ever, was a Speed King. It squeaked unbearably, and nothing subdued the problem. According to Jimmy Paige, Bonham's Speed King squeaks on a few Zeppelin tracks. That was just a quirk the original pedals exhibited. I'm sure that's been eradicated from the updated version.

Enjoy it once it arrives!

My first pedal ever, which came with my first kit ever, was a Speed King. It squeaked unbearably, and nothing subdued the problem. According to Jimmy Paige, Bonham's Speed King squeaks on a few Zeppelin tracks. That was just a quirk the original pedals exhibited. I'm sure that's been eradicated from the updated version.

Enjoy it once it arrives!
The squeak was the result of the hinge pin at the heel. It’s amazing how quiet the pedal is now once you insulate the pin with plastic.

I think the new pedal is called a speed flyer or some thing. Sounds like a kid's bike from the 50s.

Attachments

• ludwig speed flyer.jpg
    ludwig speed flyer.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 11
Thanks for the info. After breaking multiple speed king pedals back in my youth they have fallen from my radar, My bad,
If you even knew how many of those I went through in the 70's. Talk about love hate! You absolutely could not take just one to a gig. For people like me who loved the Speed King feel, the closest I've come with a modern pedal is the Mapex Falcon. An absolute dream of a pedal. Just a heads up. YMMV.

Back