New song by Pass of Era - ‎[ab-uh-rey-shuh n]

Just listening to ab-uh-rey-shuh s. Great, really excellent. Dexterous, musical drumming with spot on time and control. Kinda annoys me to hear young uns playing so much better than I ever did - stop this immediately, Jonathan! :)

On the minus side, some of the changes in the arrangement sounded a bit forced, as though they were imposed on the music flow. I also would have liked more presence from your ride early on in that tune. Just hearing the ticky attack with the tone well-hidden.

Overall, it's all really well done. You must be proud of these recordings.

I really enjoyed the tracks especially Blessed and Guilty.
There are a lot of textures to your music which kept me listening. Great job with the E.P.

Wow Jonathan, best track so far IMO. Love the multiple textures in both your playing & material. Great playing as usual, but this track resonates with me beyond the technical excellence. I wish you luck with your EP, it really is something you should be very proud of. I hugely admire any band that produces their own material, but to produce stuff of this quality, is very rare indeed. If there's any justice in this world, you have great times ahead of you. Stunning work, & bravely different.

Blatent bump, because you guys are missing out on some wonderful homegrown talent! Oh, & 5 stars too. C'mon, how can a drum cover possibly get more interest than this, no matter how good it is!

Thanks for the bump Andy! I appreciate it. I'm sure if it had more double kick madness (like bleed from meshuggah) there'd be thousands of views! haha.

Thank you everyone for listening, and thank you even more for enjoying! Your comments are all appreciated. :)

@Pollyanna, Out of curiosity, where there any spots in particular that sounded forced that you could point out? After hearing the song hundreds of times it's hard for me to be able to pick out things like that.

-Jonathan

@Pollyanna, Out of curiosity, where there any spots in particular that sounded forced that you could point out? After hearing the song hundreds of times it's hard for me to be able to pick out things like that.

Jonathan, 4 mins to 4:20 in the first track seemed tacked on to me - a bit too savage to fit with the rest of the track. It's an exciting and dynamic period but maybe a bit too hammed up for my tastes :)

Bear in mind that that critique needs to be see within the content of my total comment that started with "Great, really excellent ..."

I think a couple of spots in other songs jarred a little but I'd have to re-listen and time's short ATM thanks to &^%$# telco companies making me do heaps of chasing up old records so they can fix their accounts departments' mistakes *sigh*

Wow dude!

Really really great stuff!! Amazing

I like your songs! Especially the new song you introduced here but I have to agree with Pollyanna:
On the minus side, some of the changes in the arrangement sounded a bit forced, as though they were imposed on the music flow. I also would have liked more presence from your ride early on in that tune. Just hearing the ticky attack with the tone well-hidden.

But all in all, great stuff mate! Keep it up!!

You have always seemed like a cool young man on here. I wish you guys the best. Your band has so much potential. I wish my two sons had a tenth of your focus.

I really like your sound. My wife and I just listened to it, and we think you need to be more focused, in the direction of this song. I just did not feel like it flowed well. It had all these great parts, that kept changing directions. I think it can be fun to try and make songs that keep changing things up all the time, but they can be hard for the general public to hang on to.

This stuff is great. Everything about your band, from the EP page, to the sound, is top notch. I wish you all the best.

I forgot to mention that it sounded like the bass player did the mixing. Too much bottom end on the bass, and the drums need to be brighter, especially hats, and ride.

I really enjoyed the tracks especially Blessed and Guilty.
There are a lot of textures to your music which kept me listening. Great job with the E.P.
I am with you on this one. It moved me in so many ways. This band has so much potential. WOW. This is your best effort, mainly because I think it has the best focus. I also liked Era Solarus.

Personally, I think that if you straighten out your arrow on a lot of these songs, you will definitely hit the target. Two thumbs way up.

Holy cow, how have I not heard this before?

Great band! great song writing. Top notch drumming.

My only critical comment would be at times there is a lot of anger and rage coming from the vocalist that doesn't seem to be matched by the guitarists. The singer seems to want the music to be a bit heavier and darker, while the bands appears to hold back ever so much. But perhaps that is intentional.

But the song writing is great. I love how it's rather prog-y, but not over the top.

Back