New snare suggestions?

braincramp

Gold Member
I'm always looking to improve my set and love cymbals and snares, that being said I'm looking to get another main snare. I currently use a Pearl FF with custom Walnut stave shell 14 x 6.5. I do really like it but always looking for options. I play for fun (keeping my day job) I play in Braincramp (yes we are on youtube) the name is a combo of our last names BRown, mAIN and CRAMPton, we are a trio of late 40's former hair band guys that like to play 3-4 times a month tops. anyway Oct. is a busy month for us and all the $$ we get payed is mad money that . I like to put it in my set, so here are a few snares I'm considering in the 250-400 range new or used 14 x 6.5 + preferably Tama starclassic maple, Pearl Masters, Pearl Vinne Paul, Spaun vented, used Mapex orion though its 5" I think I do prefer wood and I know Supra's are real popular on this site but I just got an acro so really not looking to go in that direction. My dream from Ludwig would be a collisiuem (excuse spelling). Bottom line I'm looking for a high quality new or used snare in the $300 range.

I'm always looking to improve my set and love cymbals and snares, that being said I'm looking to get another main snare.......Bottom line I'm looking for a high quality new or used snare in the $300 range.

Why don't you get a gold plated and brass Pearl Jimmy DeGrasso Signature Snare? got mine for 299 on ebay!

"This Eye-catching Signature Snare Packs a Powerful Punch! The Pearl Jimmy DeGrasso Signature Snare is made to fit the bigger-than-life sound and style"

I coated mine in Zaino activated wax to keep the finger prints off (you will need it)

You could mount it in a frame and put it on your wall - it looks soooo good!!!

That FF should take care of your wood snare jones ;) Sooooo, here're some metal ideas:

The Ahead 6 X 14 brass is simply dope, though the Fat Cat snare wires tend to fall apart. S-Hoops are forever...

The Jeff Ocheltree Heavy Metals (cast steel) drums sound just amazing (despite being made in China yadda yadda) and can be had on eBay for under $300 if you're lucky.

The WorldMax BB knockoffs are really sweet for the dough...

Back