New snare suggestions?

braincramp

Gold Member
I'm always looking to improve my set and love cymbals and snares, that being said I'm looking to get another main snare. I currently use a Pearl FF with custom Walnut stave shell 14 x 6.5. I do really like it but always looking for options. I play for fun (keeping my day job) I play in Braincramp (yes we are on youtube) the name is a combo of our last names BRown, mAIN and CRAMPton, we are a trio of late 40's former hair band guys that like to play 3-4 times a month tops. anyway Oct. is a busy month for us and all the $$ we get payed is mad money that . I like to put it in my set, so here are a few snares I'm considering in the 250-400 range new or used 14 x 6.5 + preferably Tama starclassic maple, Pearl Masters, Pearl Vinne Paul, Spaun vented, used Mapex orion though its 5" I think I do prefer wood and I know Supra's are real popular on this site but I just got an acro so really not looking to go in that direction. My dream from Ludwig would be a collisiuem (excuse spelling). Bottom line I'm looking for a high quality new or used snare in the $300 range.

720hours World Record

I'm always looking to improve my set and love cymbals and snares, that being said I'm looking to get another main snare.......Bottom line I'm looking for a high quality new or used snare in the $300 range.
Why don't you get a gold plated and brass Pearl Jimmy DeGrasso Signature Snare? got mine for 299 on ebay!

"This Eye-catching Signature Snare Packs a Powerful Punch! The Pearl Jimmy DeGrasso Signature Snare is made to fit the bigger-than-life sound and style"

I coated mine in Zaino activated wax to keep the finger prints off (you will need it)

You could mount it in a frame and put it on your wall - it looks soooo good!!!

jmfitch

That FF should take care of your wood snare jones ;) Sooooo, here're some metal ideas:

The Ahead 6 X 14 brass is simply dope, though the Fat Cat snare wires tend to fall apart. S-Hoops are forever...

The Jeff Ocheltree Heavy Metals (cast steel) drums sound just amazing (despite being made in China yadda yadda) and can be had on eBay for under $300 if you're lucky.

The WorldMax BB knockoffs are really sweet for the dough...