New snare drum day

DrumWhipper

My Design Series kit in Iron Satin Metallic is now complete! My 14x6.5 snare just came in. This will be used along with my 9x13, 16x16, 18x16, 22x16 set up!

3E2AE7FA-BA04-4577-9DAF-1702F7D0F884.jpeg77B5E271-A62D-405C-B23E-6A48DAE72983.jpeg

yammyfan

Very nice!

I'm kicking myself a little for not picking up a matching snare while I had the chance but I really didn't need it at the time. I'm trying to be better about not buying things I don't need. I have enough money tied up in gear that rarely gets used. 🤗

Push pull stroke

Platinum Member
Very nice!

I'm kicking myself a little for not picking up a matching snare while I had the chance but I really didn't need it at the time. I'm trying to be better about not buying things I don't need. I have enough money tied up in gear that rarely gets used. 🤗

I really think the matching snare phenomenon is overrated. The audience often can’t see it, it’s sound doesn’t have to match the toms closely, and anytime you’re playing a house kit and bringing your own snare, it doesn’t match anyway. Plus, what about side snares? They don’t match, but people use them a lot. Lol

Superman

Gold Member
I really think the matching snare phenomenon is overrated. The audience often can’t see it, it’s sound doesn’t have to match the toms closely, and anytime you’re playing a house kit and bringing your own snare, it doesn’t match anyway. Plus, what about side snares? They don’t match, but people use them a lot. Lol
I hate matching snares. In my opinion it looks like you bought a starter kit and began playing last week. I had the option to purchase the matching snare for my latest kit and turned it down.

Neal Pert

Sorry for the guys peeing in your Cheerios this lovely morning. The drum looks awesome! Give us the full review after you've had some time with it!

DrumWhipper

Sorry for the guys peeing in your Cheerios this lovely morning. The drum looks awesome! Give us the full review after you've had some time with it!

I’m the type of guy that likes to have every drum made that goes along with any particular kit I own. If they don’t want matching snares that’s fine by me. I’ll just keep traveling the road making money doing what I love either way.

JimmyM

Platinum Member
I’m the type of guy that likes to have every drum made that goes along with any particular kit I own. If they don’t want matching snares that’s fine by me. I’ll just keep traveling the road making money doing what I love either way.
I think it’s a beautiful thing. Especially because you chose black. Everyone knows the black is by far the best color for a musical instrument. My main stage basses are black. My electric guitar is black. My drums are going to be blue, though. I’m doing them in vintage Ampeg tolex, and I can get plenty of the blue but none of the black because only Yamaha makes it and they need it. Three years ago we had the opposite problem. Oh well, they’re still going to look bad ass. But I do love black drums. And I don’t require but I do like snares that match.