New Sliding Flip Flops doubles foot technique

Saw this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emPxFITdKUw and had to share. I have to listen to it without video a few times to appreciate the speed, if I watched it I become transfixed with the pedal mods and footwear.

I can't tell how fast he's going, maybe near to 300bpm?

I had been practising double strokes and came to the end of it at about 200bpm with the gear I use and the volume I wanted (no triggers) and thought that was my limit. Now I'm off to buy a hacksaw and some summer footwear.

beyondbetrayal

Platinum Member
pretty crazy. I've never tried slide technique with both feet. seems like a bit less control and tightness..... impressive none the less.... id like to see him do it closer to 250 and see if its a bit tighter

Arky

Platinum Member
Cool video ;-)

Geez, you aren't that good at math, are you? I wasn't either, but in this case it's rather not difficult.

He starts off having the met @ 140 bpm but plays 32nd notes. Equals 16th notes @ 280 bpm.

Then he bumps it up by 5 bpm -> met going @ 145 bpm (32nd) = 16th notes @ 290 bpm.

Naigewron

Platinum Member
I like his bastardised Iron Cobras with wooden plates. And of course the sandals.

Proves it's always the drummer, not the equipment.

EvilDrummer

Sounds pretty cool on the "hairta" style beats, utter garbage on the roll. Very uneven. Single stroke rolls are better for that.

oldrockdrummer

I have some flip flops just like those. I have no interest in trying to play that fast though. At my age I would wind up in physical therapy for a month!