New setup and other goodies :)

iontheable

Not sure if I shared this with you all yet, but I was highly interested in getting my rack toms mounted separately.

And here it is:

I LOVE the new setup! Works much better for me. Having the ride right there in my face, instead of hanging over the floor toms is a huge improvement. And now I can keep my rack toms lower and not angled much at all!

I'm still working on how I am going to arrange the floor toms, I don't like it as it is in this picture and I don't like the 'normal' approach either..so we'll see!

The rack toms are slightly further to the left now and the ride is closer to me as well as having been lowered.

I also picked up the straps for my eliminators, and I think they are worlds better than the chains I was using previously.

Other than that I also picked up a multi-clamp to mount my splash and well..in a few days my aquarian heads will be here! Response 2 coated over Classic Clears...MHM!

topgun2021

Gold Member
Are you still going to sit how you used to with the bass as the center of the set up or rotate to the left so that the snare-toms trifecta is the center of your set up (as if you hade 2 bass drums).

iontheable

Are you still going to sit how you used to with the bass as the center of the set up or rotate to the left so that the snare-toms trifecta is the center of your set up (as if you hade 2 bass drums).
As it stands, I want to keep it the way it is. The BD sits, as you noticed almost like I have two BD's but I find it more ergonomic this way.

I do a lot of work the HH and both snares, I have my 5.5x14 cranked up and my 8x14 just above wrinkle status, so the difference of the two is really enjoyable. I definitely spent a lot of time right there and on the rack toms, the floor toms having been less used.

topgun2021

Gold Member
As it stands, I want to keep it the way it is. The BD sits, as you noticed almost like I have two BD's but I find it more ergonomic this way.

I do a lot of work the HH and both snares, I have my 5.5x14 cranked up and my 8x14 just above wrinkle status, so the difference of the two is really enjoyable. I definitely spent a lot of time right there and on the rack toms, the floor toms having been less used.
I'm trying to understand your post, so you aren't going to rotate your body any differently in relation to the bass drum? I am pretty sure you never answered my question.

Seems kind of uncomfortable with the current ride and tom set up.

iontheable

I'm trying to understand your post, so you aren't going to rotate your body any differently in relation to the bass drum? I am pretty sure you never answered my question.

Seems kind of uncomfortable with the current ride and tom set up.
Understood.

I face the kit straight forward, from this angle you see in the picture. The rack toms have been pushed out a little bit and the HH brought in just a bit tighter since. The floor toms are still a bit awkward as I mentioned, but I'm working on that.

Facing this kit straight forward the ride is very comfortable and the aux. snare is just like a 14'' floor tom would normally be, though on the left.

BabyBob

Silver Member
I think you should move your floor tom further out to the right so you don't need to "twist" so much...just my opinion :D