New Rogers

wolfgang

Rogers Drums have been kind of making a comeback, or trying to. I don't really know much about the quality of these as reviews are hard to come by online. I was wondering if anyone has ever tried one of their new sets, particularly the Trailblazer. Or if anyone has even seen one of these sets in person haha. I know I haven't, but the finishes offered interest me.

Yamaha owns the name.

The new offerings are student level kits, but some Yamaha employees are trying to make good by the name... Just not yet.

I'd wait.

Like Ian said, the new kits are student/entry level drums. Very dissapointing, when I first saw them at the NAMM show.

That's a shame. Hopefully they can become more prominent someday, like they used to be.
My high school had on old Rogers Holiday set and it was great!

As mentioned, Yamaha owns the name Rodgers.

The Rodgers kits they are making have nothing to do with the old classic brand.

I really wonder why Yamaha even bothers selling kits under a different name.

I saw the kit at the NAMM show and was not hugely impressed...the yamaha kits that were in the room on the other hand was a different story.

It's not your Fathers Rogers Kit! They are kind of a joke compared to their namesake.

Yamaha owns the name.

The new offerings are student level kits, but some Yamaha employees are trying to make good by the name... Just not yet.

I'd wait.

Yamaha makes these? Do you know when that happened? The vintage stuff isn't made by Yamaha, is it?

Fluff out

Yamaha makes these? Do you know when that happened? The vintage stuff isn't made by Yamaha, is it?

Fluff out
everything from about 1980 & before was American-made except for the R-360 crap Rogers.

Yamaha just recently acquired Rogers.

Since Gibson owns Slingerland I kinda wished Fender (or some money-making USA company) would've purchased Rogers especially since I've seen the blah-blah Yamaha has done lately.

Rogers is all my dad has ever played it's a shame what they are today.

Keep Swattin'
Bonzolead

Back in 1970, my idol played Rogers:

dannyseraphine.jpg

Needless to say, my next set was a Rogers, albeit a dreaded Tower Champagne sparkle single lug version.

Rogers USA closed down in 1984.

Anything after that......... with the ONLY exception being the very last drums produced by Brook Mays......was in my opinion, crap. And still is, crap. Just prior to the collapse of Brook Mays, they reintroduced a real maple shell, a decent mounting system, and the Rogers Beavertail lug design. Their goal always was to bring Rogers back.

I doubt Yamaha ever will do that.

And for that, I do not own anything Yamaha.

1964 Rogers Holiday Three Ply Drums, 1965 Rogers Powertone Snare.
Rogers Swivomatic Hardware

2442721100028342110S500x500Q85.jpg

Thanks for the post JohnPloughman, It is a shame what has become of the name Rogers.
I always wanted a Rogers kit when I was a kid. I was never able to buy one. Perhaps someday soon I will get a fine vintage one.

Since Gibson owns Slingerland I kinda wished Fender (or some money-making USA company) would've purchased Rogers especially since I've seen the blah-blah Yamaha has done lately.

From what I remember in my music store days in the '70s, Rodgers was part of the CBS family along with Fender.

In fact a fellow I knew about 10 years ago who had come from Fender told me about all the product going through the same final QA folks. Who marked everything with a stamp having their first initial and last name. Apparently they had an inspector named Richard Hand. Which led to a call from some fellow in the Midwest bellowing on the phone that he owned the largest chain of stores in the three states around him and should be treated like the big shot he thought he was. He was demanding someone sort out why he had 500 pairs of right handed Rodgers drum sticks, and where the *%^#$%! were the left handed ones!

From what I remember in my music store days in the '70s, Rodgers was part of the CBS family along with Fender.

In fact a fellow I knew about 10 years ago who had come from Fender told me about all the product going through the same final QA folks. Who marked everything with a stamp having their first initial and last name. Apparently they had an inspector named Richard Hand. Which led to a call from some fellow in the Midwest bellowing on the phone that he owned the largest chain of stores in the three states around him and should be treated like the big shot he thought he was. He was demanding someone sort out why he had 500 pairs of right handed Rodgers drum sticks, and where the *%^#$%! were the left handed ones!
I have that same problem, I have broken almost all of my left handed sticks. Where can I buy a bunch just left handed ones?

Now that you said that I remember CBS owning Fender & Rogers I sit corrected LOL. Pops still has his XP8's those were the last great Rogers IMHO.

I would be in the market for a pair of Rogers if Yamaha didn't. owned them.

Hey if anybody is behind me in there Toyota flash your lights so I'll get out of the way. LOL

Bonzolead

Back