New Rogers!

bojangleman

Platinum Member
well, i know these lady from church, and she said that she had repoed a house lately, and it had a set of drums in it. she said, she had no need for them and she would gladly give them to me..

so of course, i was like....YAH!!

yes, they are Rogers. but they are the newer rogers and they suck..lol..but, they were free, and im going to redo the edges, and kinda let them be my mess around kit!

they are like this:

rogersdrums.jpg

Ill get some pics in a few hours..

Alex

Yucky.. but free is free..right?? soo....SCORE!..I think....??
No really ..what's not to like about free??

Did it come with the cymbals too? You can turn this into a nice re-finishing project, or make a few dollars on the bay.

I'm sorry... I'm a Rogers owner and fan for life. Please do yourself, your church, me and the Rogers world a favor and just take off the name and put these things out on the curb next trash day. Put the name plates out in a brown paper bag on a different trash day. It hurts my heart to see the name in such pain. AAARRRG... the horror!!!

I have to go be alone for a while.

Yeah..Yamaha really did a disservice to the Rogers name.. but for free...well I suppose you'd have to pay some Rogers purists to even consider touching those..those..those...things...eeeyyyuuck!. But seriously..clean em up and give 'em to your church..something good will come of this.

There are plenty of threads here where people have gotten stock kits or bare Keller shells and pimped them up very well.

I'd remove the wrap and get new hardware for starters. Stain them that crazy blue color on the UDrums thread and that would make a world of difference.

I like your idea of donating the kit to your church. Keep in mind, many school music programs are hurting. This would be a great kit to donate to a struggling local school music program. Just a suggestion.

I can't help but think the guy bought them for his kid who probably loved them like they were a new DW kit and then the economy turned and the guy lost everything. If you don't like em and are going to just donate them maybe you could find out who owned them to begin with and maybe give them back to him. Kid would probably be excited as hell not to mention the good karma you would get from that.

they cant tell me who owned them...and its not that way....

it was a family of 3. mom, dad and kid.( i think son)
they got divorced, the mom took everything, and the kid with her.
that was 2 years ago, and it just went downhill from there..

in the house was also a piano and an older organ...neither worth anything, but the bank called them and got ahold of them and asked if they wanted anything else out of the house, cause it would be gone in the next week, and they said no..

and im keeping them, but, im kinda donating them to my church...we dont have a kit, and we've been looking for one in the past few months, but we are adding another building so the money isnt there right now...and then this pops up...
so, i think it is what it's supposed to be...

Alex

you all are talking about this kit like it is the worst thing ever hit with a stick. it bugs me how snobby you all are. ,my first drumset was a frankestein of pieces from a few bad kits, but i played it every day until bedtime, and loved every minute of it. so before you condem this kit to the firey circle of hell, remember that even though its not a DW, i bet theres a kid out there who would trade every video game he owns for this "piece of shit".

Stain them that crazy blue color on the UDrums thread and that would make a world of difference.

i love you. i truely do :) haha

Last edited:
you all are talking about this kit like it is the worst thing ever hit with a stick. it bugs me how snobby you all are. ,my first drumset was a frankestein of pieces from a few bad kits, but i played it every day until bedtime, and loved every minute of it. so before you condem this kit to the firey circle of hell, remember that even though its not a DW, i bet theres a kid out there who would trade every video game he owns for this "piece of shit".

i love you. i truely do :) haha
I think a lot of people including myself is frustrated about how Yamaha has totally ruined the Rogers name they are a bad example of a once great drum company kinda like when Chevy re-introduced the Nova in 1985 it was a 4 cylinder P.O.S. a far cry from the great V-8 muscle-car from the 60's & 70's. But hey a good drummer can make any drum sound good LOL.

Keep Swattin'
Bonzolead

well, i know these lady from church, and she said that she had repoed a house lately, and it had a set of drums in it. she said, she had no need for them and she would gladly give them to me..

yes, they are Rogers. but they are the newer rogers and they suck..lol..but, they were free, and im going to redo the edges, and kinda let them be my mess around kit!

they are like this:

View attachment 21917

Alex

no that is not the drums we have,the drums we have are cheaper ones,dont know if they are the yamahas ,dont know any thing about these drums.

they are like this:

View attachment 21917

Alex

the rogers drums we have have toms witht 5 lugs on the toms and metal bass drum hoops.

I think a lot of people including myself is frustrated about how Yamaha has totally ruined the Rogers name they are a bad example of a once great drum company kinda like when Chevy re-introduced the Nova in 1985 it was a 4 cylinder P.O.S. a far cry from the great V-8 muscle-car from the 60's & 70's. But hey a good drummer can make any drum sound good LOL.

Keep Swattin'
Bonzolead

im going to lay down some drum tracks with my band with this kit, i have remo power stroke3 on the bd, pins on the toms, and coated ambassadors on the metal snare,moon gel on the snare ,remo rings on the toms, wish me luck.

Back