New Ride

Khaine88

so im looking to get a second ride for my Kit, ideally i was just going to buy a K custom Dark 20" straight off since all my other cymbals are K custom Dark (except one), but now i just thought i would ask before i buy since no shops near me have them to try. so Anyway im looking for a washy ride for sorta rock playing which is also crashable and preferably thin. so yea what im asking is if anyone has tried it is the K custom Dark ride does it fir this spec or should i look for something else?

Ainulindale

Gold Member
take a look at the 22" K Light Ride - ride it, crash it or talk softly to it - you always get a good sound from this baby...

Toby_Jackson

Oooo yes, check out the K Dark Medium. I'm not a regular fan of Zildjian, but I've heard some truly outstanding Dark Mediums - exceptionally versatile cymbal, Cindy's made a winner.

T

TheArchitect

so im looking to get a second ride for my Kit, ideally i was just going to buy a K custom Dark 20" straight off since all my other cymbals are K custom Dark (except one), but now i just thought i would ask before i buy since no shops near me have them to try. so Anyway im looking for a washy ride for sorta rock playing which is also crashable and preferably thin. so yea what im asking is if anyone has tried it is the K custom Dark ride does it fir this spec or should i look for something else?

I have a 20" K Custom ride. Its a washy ride and on the dark side. It doesn't crash bad but I don't crash my ride cymbals. I would not call it thin though.

You might want to look at the A custom line for thinner rides.

Steamer

Platinum Member
You might want to consider a Istanbul Agop 20" Azure ride around 2035g. Very nice clear stick sound but not pingy with a wonderful full rich responsive crash.

Nice mix of a good stick sound with glassy highs, a nice smooth dark underwash, easily crashable and a great clear bell all in one cymbal.

ENRICO

Silver Member
the k dark is really good , but you should also try the k hybrid ride , so that you can have a cutting bell and bow

Wavelength

Platinum Member
I have played a 20" K Custom Dark ride on numerous occasions, and it's a beautifully versatile pie. It has a very good balance of stick and wash, its bell is nicely integrated yet projecting, and the crash is powerful and colorful.

...or at least that's what my specimen sounds like.