NEW RECORDING!!

porter

Platinum Member
You already posted once here, and it got moved. Unless I'm mistaken these go in "Your Place" -> "Your Playing", not this section. Especially not twice and with an all-caps title that doesn't inform us of anything surrounding this "recording".

nitrokid

You already posted once here, and it got moved. Unless I'm mistaken these go in "Your Place" -> "Your Playing", not this section. Especially not twice and with an all-caps title that doesn't inform us of anything surrounding this "recording".
Why are you being arsy with him he is just trying to get feed back on his band and playing. Moving on i like it sort of reminds me of early chilli peppers. Where are you guys from?

Why are you being arsy with him he is just trying to get feed back on his band and playing. Moving on i like it sort of reminds me of early chilli peppers. Where are you guys from?
Thanks man I appreciate the support. We are from a small place in Canada called Prince Edward Island. Also, my drumming in that song was actually inspired by Chad Smith's drumming so kudos to you for hearing that.

djmemjy

I'm all for supporting him and his band, but I feel that he is jumping the queue somewhat by posting here rather than in the same place that everyone else posts their own playing.

I refuse to watch anyone's vids of their own playing in the general discussion forum as i think it lacks common courtesy to the other people who actually follow the rules and post it in the right place.

Arky

Platinum Member
Man, is this kindergarden or what?? abapicaltaenia is 100% right - the same user had already posted a video/recording in the General section before. NO this is NOT ok - read the forum rules and you'll understand.

Dear OP - please read the forum rules and stick to them. I moved your stuff twice and I don't like to play babysitter. So next time do it the way it's expected, ok? What's hard about understanding this? Rules are to be followed. Because if you don't stick to them, chaos will be the result.

Yes, upper case titles are cheesy. If you want your stuff to come across cheesy - continue using upper cases.

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Nice early vibe, even a bit of a Hendrix feel going down. Pity the recording is "thin", but other than that - good stuff :)

C

Casper "DrPowerStroke" Paludan

This is the new recording of my band Badson Breez! Let me know what you think!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gA4tVm4FpRA
Good track,
and nice drumming. Like KIS said, pity we can't hear the bass but it seems nicely together.

Your time seems a bit stiff to me, I wonder if you can hear it too. If I were you I would work on making it flow a bit more. Someone mentioned Hendrix as a possible influence for you. Now, I don't know who your influences are but just listen to him/them/her for new ideas and especially how their time feels, and try to cop that feeling.

One immediate improvement you can make: I noticed you were staring at your crash for the last 40 seconds or so and I encourage you to look at your bandmates more. I hope you can take all this in psitive spirit, like it was meant. I post here to learn and I am sure you do too.

Keep playing bro!

Casper

Good track,
and nice drumming. Like KIS said, pity we can't hear the bass but it seems nicely together.

Your time seems a bit stiff to me, I wonder if you can hear it too. If I were you I would work on making it flow a bit more. Someone mentioned Hendrix as a possible influence for you. Now, I don't know who your influences are but just listen to him/them/her for new ideas and especially how their time feels, and try to cop that feeling.

One immediate improvement you can make: I noticed you were staring at your crash for the last 40 seconds or so and I encourage you to look at your bandmates more. I hope you can take all this in psitive spirit, like it was meant. I post here to learn and I am sure you do too.

Keep playing bro!

Casper
Yeah Hendrix is an influence throughout this band and I usually look at my bandmates a lot more but for whatever reason I guess I didn't in my video. I'll also see what I can do about my flow in the song. Thanks!