New Purchases

Status
Not open for further replies.

yammyfan

Those PST7's are great performers for the price!

I picked up a 24 inch Paiste 2002 Ride cymbal last week after dabbling in the PST7's. I liked the 2002 bronze sound so much that I decided to spring for an entire set.

The ride cymbal is second-hand but all of the others will be new. I don't like stick marks or patina on my cymbals but the 2002 ride was a relatively good deal so I'll deal with it 😄

20191126_170541.jpg

oldmetalhead

What more can be said about Paiste cymbals? I used to play 2002's back in the 1980's. For my needs now the PST7's are the best bang for the buck. If money were no object then I would go to 2002's or the Colorsound 900's.

yammyfan

This is what my set looks like now. PST7 Hi Hats are next on the list
The medium Hi Hats are some of the best cymbals in the PST7 lineup. The Light Ride is up there too. It doubles as a large crash.

2 sets of hats recently. Got an amazing deal on a set of Paiste Dark Energy 14s. And just this week picked up some Zildjian K 13" hats as well. No pics.
I hear nothing but good things about the Dark Energy Hi Hats. You'll probably like those K Hi Hats too. I have them in 14" and they're terrific. Super versatile cymbals.

gdmoore28

Gold Member
Those PST7's are great performers for the price!

I picked up a 24 inch Paiste 2002 Ride cymbal last week after dabbling in the PST7's. I liked the 2002 bronze sound so much that I decided to spring for an entire set.

The ride cymbal is second-hand but all of the others will be new. I don't like stick marks or patina on my cymbals but the 2002 ride was a relatively good deal so I'll deal with it 😄

View attachment 88649
Wow - that is a beautiful cymbal. In fact, almost all Paistes are beautiful.

Get used to those stick marks, though - you're playing on paint, after all!

GeeDeeEmm

Old Dog new Cans

The medium Hi Hats are some of the best cymbals in the PST7 lineup. The Light Ride is up there too. It doubles as a large crash.

I hear nothing but good things about the Dark Energy Hi Hats. You'll probably like those K Hi Hats too. I have them in 14" and they're terrific. Super versatile cymbals.
Absolutely yes on the Dark Energys. I saw a couple videos, they were always one of my favorite sounding hats that I checked out. Plus the price I got them for. . .I never saw them anywhere for under $375??--often over $400 and new, well, $550-650. I got them for $260 (y) (y)

oldmetalhead

Well everyone it was inevitable. I purchased a pair of Paiste PST7 heavy hi hats. I cannot accurately express how good they sound. These kick a$$. But didnt cost me a lot of $$$$. I got them used and the person who had them before me was very good to them.

Attachments

gdmoore28

Gold Member
I'm not a Paiste user, but playing them in the GC has me thinking that the PST7s are a great alternative to the 2000s. To me, they don't sound inferior to the 2000s at all, just different. I've never had the opportunity to play any of the Paiste versions of B20 bronze, so I'm still looking forward to that experience.

Last week I received a pair of Zildjian "A" high hat cymbals that I purchased from a member of another forum. I was unsure about what to expect considering that it was unknown whether they were actually paired together originally. Both of them weighed in at approximately 910 grams each rather than the typical medium top over a heavy bottom. Regardless, they are a match made in heaven for my tastes. They have the stick sound that is typical of the average New Beat combo, but the wash and chick sounds are extraordinary - especially for a quieter, more intimate environment.

My only set of hats for a number of years now has been a set of 14" K Mastersounds, which I love. Their ability to cut through the sounds of a band is unmatched by any other set of hats I've owned. Only my old set of 15" Quick Beats came close. But I haven't been playing out much lately, and the new "Mystery Beat" hats have given me some new options to explore.

GeeDeeEmm

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
Try this thread next time......

Status
Not open for further replies.