New Pedal: Tama dyna-sync (vs my Trick pro1-V)

Justinhub2003

Gonna be doing some comparisons with it vs my Trick Pro1-V Big Foot.

I love the trick in a lot of ways but also have struggled to really dial it In perfectly. I tried tricks alternative compression spring, I’ve tried using with it with their grip tape(hence the blood on the pedal from playing bare footed, I had to remove)

The slave pedal on my trick is 2nd to none but still wanted to try out The Dyna sync.

thoughts on the 2 will be in this thread.
F01EF4B2-F0C8-4600-987E-5C2D5C65887E.jpeg

Attachments

michaelg

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts. I believe the Tama has a lot of power in the stroke compared to other direct drives

Last edited:

NackAttack

I’ll be interested to hear your opinions. Also, what did you think of the other compression spring?

Justinhub2003

Man. After playing the Dyna Sync for a few weeks now, I think I like it much more then the trick Big Foot pedal.

it just feels more natural. I also swapped the beater with the Trick beater and it just thumps while also having a better feel

Really thinking of getting a double pedal version.

i think the slave pedal is where the trick pedal may shine, as there is essentially zero lag.

Justinhub2003

After over a month of use.
I’m absolutely dead set on saying the Dyna Sync is the best pedal I’ve ever used.

I’m able to do doubles so easy and even figured out heel toe technique after years of struggling with it because I have flat feet.

But... i Snapped the spring in just a month of use. And I’d say my tension was medium at worst.

that’s a little concerning. I ordered 3 replacement springs.

but it reminded of the DW 8000 pedal I owned a long time ago that was notorious for snapping springs

NouveauCliche

Gonna be doing some comparisons with it vs my Trick Pro1-V Big Foot.

I love the trick in a lot of ways but also have struggled to really dial it In perfectly. I tried tricks alternative compression spring, I’ve tried using with it with their grip tape(hence the blood on the pedal from playing bare footed, I had to remove)

The slave pedal on my trick is 2nd to none but still wanted to try out The Dyna sync.

thoughts on the 2 will be in this thread.
View attachment 92998
Oh that's funny - I'd never seen this pedal and now this post pops up and I think one up in the For Sale section for $280.

Cool!

michaelg

But... i Snapped the spring in just a month of use. And I’d say my tension was medium at worst.

that’s a little concerning. I ordered 3 replacement springs.
What area did the spring snap at ? where it hooks on at the top or bottom ?

I love this pedal. It quickly became my favorite too.

michaelg

I must check mine for any sharp or rough edges on the hook . I'll bet that's what the cause is, A little file or sandpaper should take care of it.