"New" pedal case.

lsits

Gold Member
Well, my Pearl P930 pedal didn't come with a carrying case. I was in the process of tossing out some old boxes and came across an old laptop box.

I got an idea: I took off the plastic handle,

cut a couple of holes in the box the pedal came in,

added a couple of pieces of velcro,

and I have a custom pedal case.

I guess this just shows how cheap I am.

D

drumming sort of person

Pedals don't need to be in a case. Pedal cases are relatively new concepts.

vxla

Silver Member
Pedals don't need to be in a case. Pedal cases are relatively new concepts.

You'd think that, but I had a year-old DW5000 break on me. The aluminum post cracked while it was in one of those soft DW single-pedal bags. It was replaced; I've never had anything crack like that, so it might have just been a defective product.

But for me, I'll keep my pedal in a case.

M

Matt Bo Eder

I've never broken a pedal while it was in my trap case and not in its own case. I tend to pack my trap cases with the heaviest stuff at the bottom, and the light stuff on top. Since the pedal is much different from everything else, it obviously goes in last and on top. Then the case gets rolled away for loading into a truck. I thought it would be common sense to not pile a bunch of heavy stuff on top of a bass drum pedal?

lsits

Gold Member
I guess it's a little misleading to say that I transported my pedal in the bottom of my trap case. Although that's technically true, the case has its own compartment for the pedal. the long side of the case has a compartment for the cymbals to be placed vertically, and next to that is the area for the snare drum to be placed on its side. next to that is the compartment where I stored my Speed King. As a matter of fact the Speed king is still there. I take it as a backup. On top of the snare is a lift out tray where I have my sticks, snare stand, floor tom legs and various sundry items. Nothing gets loaded on top of the pedal.