New Paiste

Cymbalise

Have a gander at the Paiste site - lots of new models and sizes have gone up.

Very interesting they are too: 17" 2002 SE hats, anyone?

I fancy a bash on the the 24" 2002 swish!

Cymbalise

Hmmm... I've just had another look and they're down again. Perhaps I spotted them as Paiste were testing them on the site? Dunno.

I remember a 22" 602 crash, 24" 602 ME ride, the aforementioned 2002 models, lots more size options across several crash lines, the new Danny Carey ride (22" Sig Dry Heavy in purple!) along with a signature duo-type ride.

Lots of very interesting goodies coming our way!

pgm554

Platinum Member

At $1K list for Pai$te 602 high hats these days,most of their stuff is quite over priced.

audioragegarden

Everything's back up. Danny Carey's 22" Dry Heavy Ride is on my Christmas list this year. Paiste's got a good track record with sound files from my experience, and I'm liking what I'm hearing a lot.

brady

Platinum Member
I just checked out the new 2002 Black Big Beat cymbals. they look like a really nice addition.

After seeing the hammering and lathing pattern on it, it looks very similar to a prototype ride that I just picked up a couple months ago. There wasn't a name on it like the T20's that I've seen. I just assumed my cymbal was a prototype of the 602's or something. The lathing was similar. but the prototype is way more hammered, just like these new 2002's.

Does anyone here know of any 2002 Big Beat prototype cymbals in circulation? It would be nice to know exactly what I have. Either way, it's an amazing cymbal.

Road Bull

Silver Member

I wish that they would bring back some more 15" Hi-Hat options...

I don't really need a 17" 2002 SE. I have nothing against having that as an option, but... I would be stoked if they started to reproduce some heavy 15" Hi-Hat options. Rude, Rude SE, Heavy Hats, Crunch Hats, Wild Hats, you get the picture. Anyway, that's what I want. I will be holding my breath.

There are not a lot of great options for heavier top hats. I am currently running an 15" Alpha Rock top hat over my 2002 SE. The standard SE top is just a bit thin for my tastes.

I like big cymbals. I am running a 2002 24" Ride, 2002 22" ride (crash), and just picked up a discontinued 2002 22" Wild Ride (crash).