New outdoor drumming video by me!

Swiss Matthias

Platinum Member
Dear fellow drummers!

Yesterday I had the pleasure of uploading my new "big" drumming video!
More than a year in the making (or rather waiting, for various reasons) I'm
very glad it finally made it :).

Thanks to my friends at www.bild-rauschen.ch and a short trip to the Swiss
mountains I guess I now have one of the most spectacular stages you could
dream of in a drumming video!

It's a piece I actually wrote more than 10 years ago.

Sadly I don't own the drum set seen in the video anymore, but life goes on,
and my video is a great memory for myself :).

I hope you enjoy it!! I'm happy about everyone that watches it, and I'm happy
about any comments.

Thanks - and here's the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PG245MLq7YM

Merlin5

Gold Member
Wow. Now that's what I call 'rock' music.

But seriously, that is an epic production. Fantastic playing, amazing scenery, great drum sound and interesting composition. How on earth did your camera man get so high to film you from what looks like a hundred feet above you at 3:24? What are the time signatures in this? I know there's some 4/4 sections but are you starting with 7/8 or 14/8 or counting it as 3 bars of 4/4 and a bar of 2/4? From 5:03, sounds like 7?

Really well done!

AzHeat

Platinum Member
Super nice video and playing. I love that set. Too bad you no longer have it. It's a beautiful looking and sounding set.

Swiss Matthias

Platinum Member
Wow. Now that's what I call 'rock' music.

But seriously, that is an epic production. Fantastic playing, amazing scenery, great drum sound and interesting composition. How on earth did your camera man get so high to film you from what looks like a hundred feet above you at 3:24? What are the time signatures in this? I know there's some 4/4 sections but are you starting with 7/8 or 14/8 or counting it as 3 bars of 4/4 and a bar of 2/4? From 5:03, sounds like 7?

Really well done!
LOL, rock music indeed! Thanks for your words - you're too kind!! The camera
man used this guy: https://store.dji.com/product/inspire-1-pro
Yes, the main riff is in 7. The rest is all in 4/4, but there are two tempo changes.
Also, after a certain point I play a displaced hihat figure until the end of the piece:
it's groupings of three (the second note being a rest), and it starts as a shuffle
pattern at the moment the first tempo modulation occurs. When I modulate back
to the 7, I keep the hihat pattern going and it becomes polymetric. Hope that
makes sense :).

Swiss Matthias

Platinum Member
Super nice video and playing. I love that set. Too bad you no longer have it. It's a beautiful looking and sounding set.

Thanks, I appreciate!! Yes I still love the finish, the sound and the shells, too.
But I wanted small changes in the configuration, plus I got myself a Sonor
Vintage Series set, and I realized I unfortunately can't afford to keep them
both. So I let the tiger go.

Dizeee

Not at all. That right there is a dream for many, a pro video of an awesome compilation of beats and sounds, executed perfectly.

It's given me inspiration.

Swiss Matthias

Platinum Member
You're very kind!! But I'm very glad it inspired you, that's the best thing to happen probably...!!
Yes I'm lucky to have some friends that are very gifted in a) recording drums and b) making
awesome movies, especially given the fact that I normally don't have the money at all to pay
market rates for stuff like this.

So go on and do your thing!! :)