New member from the UK!

This forum has proven to be an invaluable source for drumming technique/gear answers AND a lot of good laughs!
The folks on here are AWESOME!

When GF saw me bringing in a drum set...

Since I moved her into the closet (It is a walk in) she is OK and doesn't really realize because I painted a window on the back wall.
Ok so just to clarify, did you move your girlfriend or your drum set into the closet? Assume that your drums can’t see the painted window, so if your gf doesn’t realize it’s not a window despite the fact that it’s a walk in...or did you mean...I’m confused

Pantera is some heavy good stuff! How old were you when you started listening?

Good for you on your choices. Be you're own person.

Welcome to the site!

I've been listening to Pantera since the early 90's, my Dad is a Metal Head so I was dragged up on all sorts! So I can honestly say, there probably hasn't been a day since '87 that I ain't listened to music!

I'm a Grunge kid at heart (Soundgarden, AIC, Pearl Jam etc) but got all the time in the world for some good old thrash haha!

Just wanna say thanks to everyone for the warm welcome! ??

I've been listening to Pantera since the early 90's, my Dad is a Metal Head so I was dragged up on all sorts! So I can honestly say, there probably hasn't been a day since '87 that I ain't listened to music!

I'm a Grunge kid at heart (Soundgarden, AIC, Pearl Jam etc) but got all the time in the world for some good old thrash haha!

Just wanna say thanks to everyone for the warm welcome! ??

I got to see, and hang with them, on the Cowboys From Hell tour when they came through C-bus. they played (ironically) at The Alrosa Villa - which was my home away from home back then - and we knew all the security guys from also playing there, so they let us hang with them. They were still touring in a beat up van with a trailer. We helped them load in, and then actually got to go to dinner with them at the Denney's that was down the road. They were so cool, and genuine...this was right before they really hit it big...

I got to see, and hang with them, on the Cowboys From Hell tour when they came through C-bus. they played (ironically) at The Alrosa Villa - which was my home away from home back then - and we knew all the security guys from also playing there, so they let us hang with them. They were still touring in a beat up van with a trailer. We helped them load in, and then actually got to go to dinner with them at the Denney's that was down the road. They were so cool, and genuine...this was right before they really hit it big...

That's cool man!

I love hearing stories like this! I unfortunately never got the chance to see them, the Mrs has, which I think might be worse!

Ok so just to clarify, did you move your girlfriend or your drum set into the closet? Assume that your drums can’t see the painted window, so if your gf doesn’t realize it’s not a window despite the fact that it’s a walk in...or did you mean...I’m confused
She's just happy that it's sunny. (All the time)
((Why would I put a perfectly good drum set in a closet?))

So I took the plunge yesterday. Took my guitar and amp up to PMT in Birmingham and came home with electric kit.

The Tourtech TT-12s. Now I know this isn't going to be the best, by any stretch of the imagination, but it's got me started and I couldn't be more happier!

After setting it up yesterday afternoon, spent about an hour and half playing around on it, I'm a happy man right now. All. I need now is a decent stool and I'm set (Currently playing off a small sofa ?).

So I took the plunge yesterday. Took my guitar and amp up to PMT in Birmingham and came home with electric kit.

The Tourtech TT-12s. Now I know this isn't going to be the best, by any stretch of the imagination, but it's got me started and I couldn't be more happier!

After setting it up yesterday afternoon, spent about an hour and half playing around on it, I'm a happy man right now. All. I need now is a decent stool and I'm set (Currently playing off a small sofa ?).
Let the journey begin...

When you get the throne, make sure you check the sofa...I've found ALL KINDS of lost treasure in sofas.
About a year ago I found 180 dollars in a sofa I was changing out. More than enough for a good throne.
There are even missing drumstick threads...

When you get the throne, make sure you check the sofa...I've found ALL KINDS of lost treasure in sofas.
About a year ago I found 180 dollars in a sofa I was changing out. More than enough for a good throne.
There are even missing drumstick threads...

Wow! I doubt I'll find any money it, but the sofa will be staying, it's somewhere comfy to sit to play the PlayStation haha!

Back