New ludwig Speed King

bermuda

Drummerworld Pro Drummer - Administrator
Staff member
Pros: It feels like the old Speed King!

Cons: It feels like the old Speed King!

Seriously though, you either love the the pedal, or not. If you love it, you'd love the new issue, which has just about the same feel, but smoother and quieter (no squeak thanks to an improved hinge.)

If you were never a fan, this new pedal will not convert you.

Bermuda

C.M. Jones

My first pedal ever was a Speed King back in the mid-1980s. It squeaked abominably, regardless of my efforts to silence it. But, as Bermuda points out, the new one might have superior parts.

bermuda

Drummerworld Pro Drummer - Administrator
Staff member
Were you able to purchase it somewhere? All the places I've looked at say it's unavailable.
Not sure when, it was supposed to have been out by now (the classic NAMM explanation - Not Available, Maybe May)

Street price is $199, so it's inexpensive compared to the several $300+ single pedals.

theseer2

Whats funny is that my Atlas Pro Pedal squeaks just like my old Speed King, and now the new one wont squeak> Not good , it needs to squeak!

BTW, I also have a new cheapest PDP pedal, no footboard, thin chain, moves sides to side alot- with this pedal I can go super fast , faster then the Atlas and the SK. Much like the old Camco. Pedal was $19 last black friday at GC