New Ludwig Speed King

bermuda

Drummerworld Pro Drummer - Administrator
Staff member
Wow. That's pretty lame. This stuff is not rocket science. It shouldn't take a ton of effort to announce a product at NAMM and deliver it to retailers quickly. The competent planners have product manufactured in the pipeline Before announce.
It's pretty common for companies at NAMM to be three or four months 'out' from shipping new product that they show. It's not just Ludwig, and it's not just drums.

The MI industry is pretty fast compared to car companies who are notorious for teasing the public with models at car shows that are a year or two ahead of availability.

Bermuda

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

I have my dads Speed king from 1955...i still use it on his kit for my jazz stuff. I wonder how much it was back then...

and the new one DEFINITELY better have The Squeak. That is a prime characteristic!!

Push pull stroke

Platinum Member
No, they finally fixed that! I'm working on a sample though. You take the kick track, copy it, Sound-Replace™ the copied track with the squeak sample, and move the whole squeak track ahead about 20ms so it leads up to the kick punch. E Z P Z :)
How easy would it be to add that to backing tracks? Could the new version of the pedal come with a website link to download that sample?

bermuda

Drummerworld Pro Drummer - Administrator
Staff member
How easy would it be to add that to backing tracks? Could the new version of the pedal come with a website link to download that sample?
Backing track is easy IF you play every kick, and perfectly in time. If you miss or add any, the jig is up!

I'll post the sample one of these days, my treat!