NEW LUDWIG HARDWARE!!

Andy@MIT

Make sure you give us some impressions after you've looked at their new stuff, Bo.
...especially the pedals.

I am so frikkin' excited!

EDIT: anyone have any clue as to the pricing?
I don't have something I can readily post (and have it look neat)... but I can tell you the following:

Atlas Standard: Inexpensive (Boom Stand MAP Price = $78.00)
Atlas Classic (Flatbase!): Affordable, but not cheap (Boom Stand MAP Price = $94.00)
Atlas Pro: Expensive (Boom Stand MAP Price: $159.00)

jodgey4

Silver Member
Wow... this stuff is impressive! Can't wait to check the Classics out, except for further pricing! The bags and seats are surprisingly stunning, and I really want to check out the snare stands and hi-hat stands. I've never found any I've liked. The Pro II snare stand looks crazy. A much needed update!

Drummertist

Silver Member
I don't have something I can readily post (and have it look neat)... but I can tell you the following:

Atlas Standard: Inexpensive (Boom Stand MAP Price = $78.00)
Atlas Classic (Flatbase!): Affordable, but not cheap (Boom Stand MAP Price = $94.00)
Atlas Pro: Expensive (Boom Stand MAP Price: $159.00)
How about the pricing on the pedals?

Togg

Nice looking gear, I have always used their pro range which has been very big and heavy for years, but it's very hard to get hold of.
I hope the quility hasn't slipped on this stuff like it has on the drums themselves

Soupy

Silver Member
The 2-leg pro high hat stand looks very well designed. Would love to pick one up, but if a boom stand is $160, I can't imagine what a hh stand will be. 250, 300?

Kg_lee

I'm extremely excited about the new Ludwig hardware. Where was this stuff 6 months ago when I was buying DW flush base stands? Needless to say I'll be changing over to this stuff asap!

In my opinion it looks like Ludwig was getting sick of everyone using their drums and DW hardware. The hardware looks like a cross between Pearl and DW stands, which are both great stands. I can't wait to see what they have in-store for next year!

www.drumsonsale.com are taking orders for these stands already..

Boomka

Platinum Member
Classics look nice. The top end stuff looks far too heavy for my liking. Wish they made a standard tripod single-braced model. Outside of the flush stands, I'm not seeing much to make a non-Ludwig guy stop using whatever he's using. I.e. Yamaha in my case. For Ludwig guys, I can see why this would be pretty exciting, though. Ludwig's climb back into the big leagues continues. That's good news.

Last edited:

sXeDanimalsXe

No two legged hihat stand? Or did I miss it? The stands look ok. Not a fan of the pedals as far as the way they look, but hey, as long as they play well that is all that matters.

scorch whammin

Gold Member
Nice looking hardware!…I like how the pedals blend new with old (i.e., footboards remind me of the speed king)….this was long overdue from Ludwig IMO….

Soupy

Silver Member
No two legged hihat stand? Or did I miss it? The stands look ok. Not a fan of the pedals as far as the way they look, but hey, as long as they play well that is all that matters.
Yeah, you missed it. the Pro HH stand is two-legged, and looks very well designed.

piperdoog

Silver Member
The 2-leg pro high hat stand looks very well designed. Would love to pick one up, but if a boom stand is $160, I can't imagine what a hh stand will be. 250, 300?
Yup you nailed it, talked to a Ludwig rep I know, and the new stuff is awesome however you will pay for it, the new double pedals are $500, the hi hat stand is $300.
It's hard to judge it just yet because we haven't seen it with our naked eyes yet.
However those are very expensive....
I want them, but I want to keep my house.

tamadrm

Platinum Member
Great looking and functional stuff.Very well thought out,with some innovative features,like the fold up two legged hi hat stand.They were also judged best in show..Now lets get the QC and customer service problems under control,and land Vinnie as an endorcer,and it will be a history making year for "the most famous name on drums".Nice going Ludwig.

Steve B

Lilbonzo

Being a Luddie, i'm gutted to find this stuff. I went and got all flat stands from Gibraltar last year to fit me kit.

Gutted.