New high-end pedal manufacturer

Jeff Almeyda

Senior Consultant
This guy is making high end pedals as well as conversions of all types. Direct drive, strap, middle pedals he's got it all.

He also has an amazing looking hi hat coming out.

Check it out, not cheap so be warned.

https://www.acd-unlimited.at/english/hardware/

Well, I certainly feel better about the money I spent on my DW 9000. :)

I have the ACD Ultimate Driveshaft on my Axis pedals, it is worlds above any other driveshaft I have used, which includes the Trick one.
The Darwin pedals look fantastic and I love the idea of the slide out legs/stabilisers on his new hi hat stand.

Pedals look beautifully machined. The legs on the HiHat look interesting, curious to hear some long term reports on that. And Jeff you were right, holy sky high prices batman!

Pedals look beautifully machined. The legs on the HiHat look interesting, curious to hear some long term reports on that. And Jeff you were right, holy sky high prices batman!

Where did you see the hihat?

EDIT: Never mind. All the menu options just weren't showing up on my phone. Looking on my computer now.

EDIT 2: Just checked out the hihat. I really like that! Probably going to be crazy expensive though.

Last edited:
The middle pedal is a thing of machining beauty.

Definitely want one of those driveshafts.

Sounds like he knows his stuff.

To be fair, the prices are probably just a result of probably not being a very big company.

Considering how little I actually use my left BD pedal the drive shaft isn't really an issue for me, but if I was that speed demon metal guy I'd probably do an ugrade.

Some of us are a bit conservative, but reality is that all our old time heroes were pretty progressive and always looking for new stuff.

Sounds like he knows his stuff.

To be fair, the prices are probably just a result of probably not being a very big company.

Considering how little I actually use my left BD pedal the drive shaft isn't really an issue for me, but if I was that speed demon metal guy I'd probably do an ugrade.

Some of us are a bit conservative, but reality is that all our old time heroes were pretty progressive and always looking for new stuff.

I'd say that's a fair and probably accurate theory Odd. His designs are really nice and the machining is insanely impressive! I also agree with the thought of "if youre a speed demon or do a ton of double bass" that linkage would be an incredible upgrade.

I have the sneaky suspicion that those pedals wouldn't make me any better of a player.

With that said, I wish the person making them and his business much success. I hope he can find a market.

If it were me and I had some patents on some things like this, I'd try to get a licencing deal with someone like DW.

I have the sneaky suspicion that those pedals wouldn't make me any better of a player.

With that said, I wish the person making them and his business much success. I hope he can find a market.

If it were me and I had some patents on some things like this, I'd try to get a licencing deal with someone like DW.

Actually they could make you a better player. If you buy a piece of gear you are excited about or feels incredible to you then in theory you will want to play more which should result in better skills

I get afraid when I see a lot of moving parts or adjustability parts as any of those could go at any time. More parts and adjustments, more problems. They look fantastic, but I can't see paying as much for a pedal as my drums cost. But that's just me.

I could, I simply already have really good stuff that I also happen to like.

I picked up the Ultimate Driveshaft and it’s terrific.

No backlash, sturdy design. High quality construction throughout.
I’ve used the axis for years and while that is very good, this one is better.

I just got the Axis shaft as well. very solid, feels great. no slippage. the bearing system is better than the current cube "bearings" too that are on the axis shaft.

The Axis shafts are good until they get dirty or worn.

Back