New here

AirborneSFC

Gold Member
Hello drummers of the world! I have been playing on and off since I was 12. I have done the semi pro paid gig thing, some touring and currently still perform in Germany. The military took me away from playing when I was in Iraq and Afghanistan, but, I tried my best to keep it up.When I left the military I was equally challenged trying to get back to normal life.

These days I have an electronic kit I use for practice at the house and my live kit.

My live kit is nothing awesome but it works:

PDP M5 Fusion

Genera G2 clears for toms (10", 12", 14")
Evans EMAD for the bass drum
Evans Coated for Snare beater side, 200 Hazy snare side
A customs all around (although I am going to use my Paiste 14" crash again on another stand)

Attachments

tamadrm

Platinum Member
First...Thank you for your service to your country,and welcome to the forum.I think the quality ratio of cymbals to drums is perfect.You can get decent sound out of those PDPs with good heads ,and tuning,but not so much out of crappy cymbals.You use of pro grade cymbals is the smart way to go.:)

Steve B

Drumsense

I think that's the Pearl Powershifter bass drum pedal you've got there? I have the same but in the double version, they're great pedals, nice and smooth! Also, I only joined yesterday myself and it's great to be able to talk to so many drummers in one place, welcome to the forum!

AirborneSFC

Gold Member
Thanks for all the kind words everyone. In Germany everything is in Euro so a lot more expensive! Hence I decided on the PDP. At the time they did not have the 7 piece I wanted. I knew playing a lot of the clubs and gigs we had my kit would get a little beat up so I didn't want to dish out too much. When I either get more settled here or move back to the states I will dish out for nicer kit.

I am loving the A customs although I will probably get some K's also. I had also been a REMO fan for years until I tried a the Evans. For my maple shelled kit the G2's sound great; IMHO better than the coated Emps. I had before.

Yes it is a Pearl powershifter. I have had it a couple years now. It's been a great pedal to get my chops back. That being said I think I am going to switch back to a Tama pedal. The new Iron Cobra's seem great and at a better price point than DW.

Right now I am torn between getting a single or double. 90% of what I play I only need a single pedal, but, at times it would be nice to have a double.

Welcome to the brotherhood!...I have strong respect for Airbornes Sgt.!

...The difference is drums and playing was never taken away from you. Drums will help a lot to drain all that war stuff out of your heart and mind...Cheers,

The military took me away from playing when I was in Iraq and Afghanistan, but, I tried my best to keep it up.When I left the military I was equally challenged trying to get back to normal life.

AirborneSFC

Gold Member
Welcome to the brotherhood!...I have strong respect for Airbornes Sgt.!

...The difference is drums and playing was never taken away from you. Drums will help a lot to drain all that war stuff out of your heart and mind...Cheers,
Yeah no doubt playing drums and other hobbies helped out big time. I was Infantry too in my war fighting days.