New head day!

hippy chip

Silver Member
Black Suede Ambassadors on the toms over clear single ply resos, Black X over Black Suede Ambassador snare side, Black Suede PS3 with Tattoo Skyn Skulls reso on the bass (no port)
I polished all the chrome, buffed the shells, tightened all the the screws, checked out the bearing edges & cleaned them up with some 600 sandpaper, lubricated the tension rods, and tuned them to my normal settings with the Drum Dial.
Amazing what 200 bucks worth of heads and a few hours of elbow grease can do for a cheap set of drums!
Sorry for the crappy pics---my camera died, and my old-ass phone doesn't have a flash :(

60's Drummer

Christmas tree lights with no Lava Lamp???? Sheesh - some people's lack of taste [grin]

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder - as the house painter told my picky wife - "Just choose a color! They *all* look great from my house!"

hippy chip

Silver Member
We keep the lava lamp in the living room---I do have a rotating mirror ball, a strobe light, and a fog machine!

M

Matt Bo Eder

I always tell people if they're gonna buy an intermediate kit, just budget an extra $200 for new heads top and bottom. Of course, when you're saving every penny to just be able to get a playable kit, it's impossible for most, but when they finally upgrade those heads, then you find out how much good heads do for any drum kit. Congratulations!

I have an entire set of Evans UV1's and G1 resos that are waiting for my Remo emperors to die.

Stroker

Platinum Member
Great kit, HC! I admire your dedication towards detail. I've never seen heads like it but they compliment the kit nicely!

hippy chip

Silver Member
This kit was a pawn shop find---ready to go for $175 (lol)---sold the "cymbals" and the hi-hat stand for $50. The bass pedal was useless so it had to go in the parts bin.
I have a friend who buys/sells used music gear, and he hooked me up with a 2 leg hi-hat stand, a pair of 13" hats, an 18" crash, a 20" ride, and a Pearl single pedal.
I already had all the heads for the toms and snare, so I just needed bass heads. They arrived on Thursday, and I spent my Saturday cleaning and tuning. I have about $600 into these, and I am very pleased with them!

hippy chip

Silver Member
I'm still looking for one more cymbal---thinking about a Sabian AAXplosion crash, or AAX stage crash---I'll know the right fit when I hear it. Double pedals and a drop clutch are also "coming soon" I need to buy my wife some jewelry before I can spend too much more :) When she gets distracted by pretty things I buy more music gear! Guitar is my primary instrument, but it's easier to get a good jam night together when you have a badass drumkit ready to go!

Stroker

Platinum Member
I'm still looking for one more cymbal---thinking about a Sabian AAXplosion crash, or AAX stage crash---I'll know the right fit when I hear it. Double pedals and a drop clutch are also "coming soon" I need to buy my wife some jewelry before I can spend too much more :) When she gets distracted by pretty things I buy more music gear! Guitar is my primary instrument, but it's easier to get a good jam night together when you have a badass drumkit ready to go!
Additional cymbals are never hard to take! :)