New Guy

Jbravo

Hi All!
I'm just returning to drums after 30+ years away. I played in marching, concert, and 1st chair jazz drums in middle and high school, but as I got more serious about music I went with bass guitar as my main instrument, and spent around 8 years playing full time in bar bands. (You could do that in the early 80's).
Anyway I recently had the thought that I wanted to try drums again. I didn't want to invest a ton at first, since I wasn't sure how interested I would be, so I bought a Ddrum kit and a set of Meinl MCS cymbals.
I am having a blast! Within 2 months I've upgraded my cymbals, and bought a DW snare and double kick pedal.

I no threat to working drummers, but am amazed how much I retained. Unfortunately my mind memory retained better than my muscle memory, so I'll be a work in progress for quite a while...

Anyway here's the kit...

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    47.9 KB · Views: 116
Welcome back, Jbravo. I came back four years ago after a long layoff and have never looked back, loving every minute of playing, reading, practicing, and listening. Beautiful set! Welcome again.

Welcome!

Nice kit! Thirsty years is a while, however, your hand and stick technique in addition to muscle value should start showing signs of awakening within a month or two.

Enjoy the journey._______________________

Welcome!

Nice kit! Thirsty years is a while, however, your hand and stick technique in addition to muscle value should start showing signs of awakening within a month or two.

Thanks guys! I'm amazed, but its coming back faster than I expected. Fortunately my wife is supportive, and doesn't give me a tough time about the time I'm putting in.

Thanks! It's getting better every day. But now we've started a small addition on the house, so my time is cut back a bit. However, it's give and take.

I got new drums, and my honey wants a larger bedroom with a walkin closet and bathroom.

I'd really like a thirty hour day at this point...😊

Back