New guy from Arizona

slhanks04

Hi,

I just joined the forum yesterday although I have been a fan of the site for many years. I started playing when I was 9, played all through high school then quit when I joined the military. Picked up the sticks again in my mid-20's for a few years, including a few cover bands - then our three sons pretty much took over my drumkit. Fast forward 30 years and our sons are grown and married (and two of the three still play, our oldest became a guitarist - go figure). I recently started playing again on a 7 piece Ludwig kit, and boy am I rusty! I am a huge John Bonham fan and our youngest son's middle name is Bonham. His son's middle name is Peart - looks like we started something. My favorite drummers are Bonham, McBrain, Copeland and Peart.

I currently reside in Gilbert, AZ just outside of Phoenix.

Scott

My kit

Last edited:

Red Menace

Platinum Member
Hi Scott! Nice to see more AZ drummer on here. I'm in central Phoenix myself. How about a picture of your kit? We love to see those.

M

MasterBlaster

Sweet Kit, Scott!!!

Welcome!!!

I wish I woulda got that kit instead of my PDP.

Last edited:

slhanks04

I looked real hard at the PDP Concept Maple kit. It looked and sounded decent, but the floor toms were a little small for my taste, plus I have always been a Ludwig guy!

M

MasterBlaster

I want my 14 as a MT, not on the floor. My next FT will be an 18.