New from NAMM

Real pretty! $3400.00 though - and that's for the 4 piece without the 18" floor tom (as pictured).

The Sabian rides are beautiful, but too rich for my blood. Upwards of $500.00 a pop.

Ah, if only... if only.

If I had the money right now it'd be a done deal. However, I don't like what ludwig is doing with its price point. I've always had pride that the best drums for me were the reasonable ones in the majors. This throws them in with usa custom and dw collectors prices. I do not like that one bit. That, actually might stop me from my first sentence.

There were prices listed at one time with two cymbals at 209.99 and the rest at 499.00. I have looked at two sites that only show one cymbal at 209.00

Don't know what prices you've been looking at, but they are all over the web from $209 (Monarch) to $495 (the 24" HH models).

70% of those rides shown in the link were over $400.00.

That is true, but certainly NONE of them are

Please excuse me. Man you're finicky. It's just a friendly conversation.

By the way, if you include sales tax the prices DOES get closer to $500.00.

And before you say it, I don't buy cymbals online. Only in person.

Oh boy an argument!!

You're wrong! No man, YOU'RE wrong!!

If paying 495 makes you feel better about not technically shelling out 5 bills then more power to you. I OTOH will wait till the come on the used market and still not buy them because they're ugly and boring.

Ok, that was fun.

If I had the money right now it'd be a done deal. However, I don't like what ludwig is doing with its price point. I've always had pride that the best drums for me were the reasonable ones in the majors. This throws them in with usa custom and dw collectors prices. I do not like that one bit. That, actually might stop me from my first sentence.

That's why the new Keystones are so damn interesting. USA made and crazy affordable prices.

That's why the new Keystones are so damn interesting. USA made and crazy affordable prices.

IMHO, Keystones and Signets are USA Luddies for the working musician.
Classic Maple is a step up in the availability of configurations. Legacy Classic is a take on the vintage shell formula and provides an aspirational level, while still less than a DW collectors set- difference in labor in NC vs CA perhaps-plus a little more for DW being trendy??

This new Mahogany may be Ludwig's way of competing with the higher priced kits.

There are some who think more expensive=better.

I agree with previous threads on here- better to have a less expensive drum shell with better heads and spend $$ on pro grade cymbals.
That being said- I'm sure the new mahogany drums sound great and if you have the bucks why not?

We live in a time where great drums are available at a lot of price points in all manner of woods and other materials.

The first one to get a set of Legacy Mahogany's please post pics and sound files!!

Back