New Endorsement: Saluda Cymbals

mrchattr

Gold Member
Hey guys!

I just wanted to drop a quick thread to let you all know that I am now officially endorsing Saluda Cymbals. I actually discovered Saluda when they were mentioned on here, and I tested out some of their cymbals and fell in love. When I applied for an endorsement, they were very generous with me, and have treated me with amazing respect and a real willingness to create exactly what I want. I was able to specify exactly what I wanted from every cymbal they made for me, so that for the first time in my life, I have a cymbal set-up that sounds exactly how I want it to sound, because Jamie and the crew at Saluda worked hand in hand with me to get those exact sounds into my cymbals. If you haven't tried Saludas yet, make sure you do...and feel free to let them know that Jon Rossi sent them your way!

If you want to see a few pics of my new set-up, follow this link:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2121881&id=35104398&l=700d656a63

Peace,
Jon Rossi

Hi Jon, congratulations. Must be really cool being able to specify the sounds you want. I'm just entering into the world of super dark cymbals after years of brightness & cut. It's quite a journey, & very eye opening. Anyhow, the banding on your cymbals, is that a transition from lathing to natural hammered finish or some other form of finish change such as tempering, etc. Can't really pick that up from your pictures, thanks.

Hi Jon, congratulations. Must be really cool being able to specify the sounds you want. I'm just entering into the world of super dark cymbals after years of brightness & cut. It's quite a journey, & very eye opening. Anyhow, the banding on your cymbals, is that a transition from lathing to natural hammered finish or some other form of finish change such as tempering, etc. Can't really pick that up from your pictures, thanks.

Thanks for the kind words. It's been fantastic working with these guys so far. I actually am on a similar journey as you are...going from the bright cutting cymbals to something just a little darker, a little less ringy if you will. I love the effect, and the difference it makes in how the cymbal patterns I play interact with the music. To answer your question, it transitions from lathing to the natural finish.

Thanks for the kind words. It's been fantastic working with these guys so far. I actually am on a similar journey as you are...going from the bright cutting cymbals to something just a little darker, a little less ringy if you will. I love the effect, and the difference it makes in how the cymbal patterns I play interact with the music. To answer your question, it transitions from lathing to the natural finish.
Interesting take on the machining. Lathing brightens the sound, & of course, each section of the cymbal bow produces a different sound. I can only assume they've selected the bits of the sound they want to brighten and the bits they want to keep dark. Cool!

I'm a bit wierd Jon, as I use both ulra bright & ultra dark cymbals on the same setup. Most of my cymbals are in the medium dark spectrum, but I do like a bit of B8 cut as an accent and Juxtaposition against the dark side. I have some ultra dark Black Sea Turkish stuff too. It sounds like my cymbal setup would be a train crash, but the family feel is surprising given the breadth of style from one extreme to the other.

Anyhow, any sound clips of your new pies?

Glad you like them,I have been to Jamies shop and I got two mist x crashes,great price and they do exactly what I need them to.I would love to hear some clips and descriptions if you have time/inclination,as I haven't heard a lot of the newer lines.

Gratz on your endorsement mate :) sounding mint!

Congrats on your endorsement! I was an endroser with them for 10 years. I recently switched over to Supernatural Cymbals.

Back