New Drums from Mapex

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Their worldwide launch is at the UK Drum Show next weekend. If I get time, I'll check them out & let you know how they sound.

AzHeat

Platinum Member
This should be interesting. Their Black Panther series is top notch. It'll be interesting to sea how well they really pan out. Promo says full sound, but short sustain? Would that be considered versatile though?

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
It'll be interesting to sea how well they really pan out. Promo says full sound, but short sustain? Would that be considered versatile though?
Expect suspension mount adjustment & shell claims.

I find most drum videos are hilarious and contradictory.
Full of contradictions born of struggling for soundbites ;)

MustangMick

Waiting to see more detailed pictures, potential patent infringement with the staggered reinforcement rings on the shell.

Mick

gdmoore28

Gold Member
Mapex drums are so boring. I don't know, the sound the look they're all just boring to me.
Well, I happen to agree with you, but WE ARE WRONG!

Mapex drums are (for the most part) exceptionally beautiful, well-constructed, and with some of the prettiest finishes available from any manufacturer. In their respective price ranges, they likewise sound fantastic, and certainly on par with other manufacturers.

And, they've successively done the almost impossible task of coming into a very traditional, brand-loyal market and taken that market by storm - and with one of the most unimaginative, throw-away brand names ever!

So, you and I, sir, are simply . . . wrong.

GeeDeeEmm

RickP

Gold Member
Mapex is so far off my potential purchase radar . This "new" great thing will not change anything for me.