New drums for quarantine

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
What's with the front hoop? The second to last pic its hanging off the head on the left, and the last pic there is a giant gap on the right between the hoop and head collar. I thought DW was supposed to be the penultimate of drum builders.

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
What's with the front hoop? The second to last pic its hanging off the head on the left, and the last pic there is a giant gap on the right between the hoop and head collar. I thought DW was supposed to be the penultimate of drum builders.
I’m not sure what you’re looking at?

wraub

A lovely looking set, and the satin is very nice. Enjoy!

Your disposable income boggles my mind, though. ;) Enjoy! :D

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
I see shadows, not gaps.
I see a gap in the top pic, it might be a shadow. The bottom one the hoop is obviously sticking out. You can see the change in color and the edge of the hoop. That is unacceptable in a drumset that is supposed to be of the highest quality.

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
If I spent a few thousand on it yeah. Isnt DW supposed to be the best? The best makes sure their hoops fit properly.
Coulda been me when I changed the heads. I guess I’m not bugged about it. My Reference hoops do the same thing and shift when I pick it up. Still doesn’t bug me.

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
Coulda been me when I changed the heads. I guess I’m not bugged about it. My Reference hoops do the same thing and shift when I pick it up. Still doesn’t bug me.
Really? Guess I've never noticed if the hoops move or not if I move the drums. I dont move them that much any more.

They are really nice drums regardless. I like how the grain on the inside of the hoop is the same orientation as the shell interior. Little details like that are really cool.

Now I wonder if there is a correct way to even move a kick drum.

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
Really? Guess I've never noticed if the hoops move or not if I move the drums. I dont move them that much any more.

They are really nice drums regardless. I like how the grain on the inside of the hoop is the same orientation as the shell interior. Little details like that are really cool.

Now I wonder if there is a correct way to even move a kick drum.
There is a way. Hire a crew to move them around for you 😉

Tamaefx

Silver Member
Beautiful drum kit, I like the sizes and the dark hue in the shell Interior. I guess it’ll sound good as hell. Congratulation.