New drums are here,..

Vandalay

Tama superstar classics,..I added a head upgrade package, Love the EMAD on the kick,..not so sure about the ec-2's on the toms..

Attachments

• NewTamas.jpg
    NewTamas.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 247
Nice kit, although the picture is sideways on my screen...

I agree about the EC2's - Annika Nilles plays them on a demo film clip and they sound great, but when I tried them a few years ago they didn't feel right to me. I've found G2's with a moongel have a more satisfying feel, and a clearer deep tone. Especially on my birch kit.

˙ɥsᴉuᴉɟ ʇɐǝɹפ ˙pǝuᴉɟǝɹ puɐ ʞǝǝlS ¡ʇnɐǝq lɐǝɹ ∀

No more dizzy spells

Attachments

• NewTamas.jpg
    NewTamas.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 189
My apologies for the sideways pic,..I switched out the head on the ride tom to a G-1,and it sounds much warmer imo...would the ec-2 be ok to use for the res head?

My apologies for the sideways pic,..I switched out the head on the ride tom to a G-1,and it sounds much warmer imo...would the ec-2 be ok to use for the res head?

EC2 is a little heavy\muted for a reso....

I would try something single ply like G1 or one of Evans resonant specific heads.

Oh no. those are maple shells. You want them to breathe. I like single ply heads so I play G1 over Genera Reso's. Brings out the character of the drum. Even if you like 2 play heads, I would definitely never recommend a single ply top and double bottom. But hey, try it out and let us know how it sounds. Maybe you will stumble onto something cool.

Back