New drummer: hi-hat woes (Dream Energy series)

Hi PM. I'm wondering how the HH issue eventually worked out for you. What did you finally decide about the Dreams?

I play some Zildjian K Custom hybrid hats that I absolutely love. But for a second kit that I have I just bought a "black Friday" Dream Bliss 22 gorilla ride and am looking around for suitable Dream hats that would blend well with it.

Hope you've been able to put together a cymbal selection that suits your style of playing!

In the UK, obviously difficult with lockdown restrictions, there's a shop called PMT. Certainly in the Manchester store they are very helpful and will allow you to try out the cymbals and drums in the show room.
Additionally there's a FB group called buy and sell drums in the UK, I've had some great bargains on there for second hand stuff.

Make sure the top hat is the lighter of the two if its not marked top and take care when locking the lock nuts as it may tighten the hat in the clutch...it needs to be "floppy".
Anyway as above. New Beats are what u need as a reference. They are loud and astringent but they always sound glorious...crisp with lots of top end.

Back