New Drum Kit Day

Stroker

Platinum Member
Real nice, Thunder42! Double floor toms is where it's at! Beauty! Do enjoy!

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
I think that's the best looking orphange I've ever seen.

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
Well I don't think this rises to the level of the Larry drum giveaway. But you have to admire someone who adopts orphan drums. Poor little things could go through life unloved but Thunder fixed that and saved this family. They are a good looking group and all look related too amazingly enough. A beautiful family. So they behaving for you?

Magenta

Platinum Member
They're gorgeous! Rescue drums. What a lovely thing to do, and they are indeed a beautiful family. I'm sure you'll have some great times together.

Thunder 42

Silver Member
They're gorgeous! Rescue drums. What a lovely thing to do, and they are indeed a beautiful family. I'm sure you'll have some great times together.

It was not easy passing, one look and I knew they needed a new home. Here now with new extended family, in a warm, and very drummy environment. It all started with the rack toms...looked so helpless and cold. And yes, Grippa, they're well behaved - easy bath and dressed in new skins - having a blast in their new thunderous BB home - no troubles at all. lol.

Thanks for your posts, all...

Thunder 42

Silver Member
With the addition of my Starphonic bubinga in Natural Quilted Mocha burst, my Starclassic BB build project is complete. My family of orphans (with Pork Pie fused-gum over bubinga)...

Attachments

• Bubinga 1.jpg
    Bubinga 1.jpg
    373.9 KB · Views: 233
  • BB 3.jpg
    BB 3.jpg
    395.1 KB · Views: 235

Stroker

Platinum Member
I envy you, Thunder42! Magnificent my friend!

wildbill

Platinum Member
Everything in the whole setup is really nice.

How long did it take you to piece it together?

Thunder 42

Silver Member
Everything in the whole setup is really nice.

How long did it take you to piece it together?
Thanks, Bill. A few months, no real difficulty for the toms/kick. SingleFlammmedmill sent a Reverb link for the snare a few weeks ago rounding out the 5 piece plus snare.

PlayTheSong

The addition of that snare makes the kit!!

Any idea how the price of orphans compared to buying a complete set? I've tried looking for orphans to complete my TAMA set from the early 80's and people want $hundreds per tom. I guess mine are getting rare now.