New Drum Cover by Jonathan (aka Pass Of Era)

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Jonathan, apart from the straight double bass stuff, there's a lot about your playing that reminds me of myself a long time ago. I thought that was superbly controlled stuff. Ok, not my genre, but your playing was crisp and fitted the music perfectly. Love the power toms BTW. Great to see a young talented player using over square toms (I'm a big fan of the deeper stuff, as well as some shallower stuff). Very enjoyable. Your accurate execution and sensitive use of cymbals (considering the genre) is refreshing.

Pass.of.E.r.a.

Gold Member
Jonathan, apart from the straight double bass stuff, there's a lot about your playing that reminds me of myself a long time ago. I thought that was superbly controlled stuff. Ok, not my genre, but your playing was crisp and fitted the music perfectly. Love the power toms BTW. Great to see a young talented player using over square toms (I'm a big fan of the deeper stuff, as well as some shallower stuff). Very enjoyable. Your accurate execution and sensitive use of cymbals (considering the genre) is refreshing.
Thank you very much, that means a lot to me mate!

to be completely honest I can't stand too much of this wacky kind of music (Unless it's the mars volta) so I hear ya.

I don't think their power tom sizes, I think it's my camera filming in 16:9 and displaying it in 4:3 so the image is skewed. The sizes are (Diameter x Depth) 8"x7", 10"x8" 12"x9" Rack Toms and 14"x12" & 16"x14" Floor Toms.

Thanks again for watching!

-Jonathan

mellow

I liked watching how relaxed you are while hitting every note. It shows great confidence. BTW I checked out your other vids, and loved them as well. how long have you been playing?

Pass.of.E.r.a.

Gold Member
Thankyou!!!

I've been playing for approx. 16 years, and here's the kicker....I'm 17! I'm very fortunate my parents recognized my desire to drum at such a young age, so I think most of the relaxed nature comes from many years of playing 2-6 hours a day.

-Jonathan

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think their power tom sizes, I think it's my camera filming in 16:9 and displaying it in 4:3 so the image is skewed. The sizes are (Diameter x Depth) 8"x7", 10"x8" 12"x9" Rack Toms and 14"x12" & 16"x14" Floor Toms.
Ah, ok, the camera got me. Still, nice deep sizes. Enjoyed your relaxed authoritative playing so much, I just watched it again.