new drum cover Bad Co.

lefty2

Platinum Member
I finally made another drum cover. Bad Co. Can't Get Enough. I think I got a real good sound out of the old Yamahas. They are 88 model PTC series. I had a Beta 52 on the kick, and the other mics are Equation Alpha Series. The cymbals could sound better. If I boost the vol. on the overheads they sound kind of over saturated, or distorted a little. I don't have any sound gear for effects or anything. Just an old dinosaur Pevey 7 ch. mixer with spring reverb. So with inexpensive mics (not the B 52) and that old mixer, I think it sounds pretty darn good. give a listen, and tell me what you think.My tempo is off in some places I know. Thanks for listening.
https://youtu.be/V1Yu4gWLZfg

opentune

Platinum Member
Great job, you captured Simon Kirke's drum vibe, he has so many subtle cool things to his drum parts. One of my faves.
The drums sound good. No EQ at all? You don't use a ride cymbal?

lefty2

Platinum Member
Thank you very much. I used to play about four songs off of that album back in the 70s all the time while I was cutting my teeth. An old friend wanted me to record that song so I did. As far as the EQ goes there is a EQ on the powered mixer. It's something like 8 bands or something not extremely big. It's setup like I normally run a small EQ to listen to. bass and treble High and the mids are a little bit dipped. I normally use a ride cymbal. But this song didn't require one and my drums were set up specifically for this song.