New cymbals from a smaller company

DrumWhipper

I got a set of B20 cymbals from Centent Cymbals last week. I selected their Emperor line. These cymbals feature a raw bell and a darker tone. I used them for a show this past weekend and enjoyed how they sounded and fit into the mix. I’m adding some photos and some video.

9BD854F9-B318-4CC6-8C09-8CCC6EAA2442.jpeg1C10EFF7-EACA-4B9A-B332-839E28412B6E.jpeg

Good sound with the band. The ride sounded pretty intense at home but better with the band.

First off, playing with Aaron Owens...hell yeah! Song was tight & professional as expected!(y)
As far as your cymbals go, this is where I struggle with them as a whole: They didn't sound that good by themselves, but when you had them on stage with everyone else, they were just as good (if not better) than the "big name" brands.

Since I can't borrow a set for a gig, hear them in the mix & then decide whether of not to buy them, I guess they'll just have to "speak to me" in the store. This is one brand I've now heard in both settings & will consider them for a future purchase.
Great post, my man!

Last edited:
First off, playing with Aaron Owens...hell yeah! Song was tight & professional as expected!(y)
As far as your cymbals go, this is where I struggle with them as a whole: They didn't sound that good by themselves, but when you had them on stage with everyone else, they were just as good (if not better) than the "big name" brands.

Since I can't borrow a set for a gig, hear them in the mix & then decide whether of not to buy them, I guess they'll just have to "speak to me" in the store. This is one brand I've now heard in both settings & will consider them for a future purchase.
Great post, my man!

Lots of fun playing for Aaron.

I have a set of HHX’s that are the same way. They sound almost brash alone but great in the mix.

Lots of fun playing for Aaron.

I have a set of HHX’s that are the same way. They sound almost brash alone but great in the mix.
I don’t have an HHX but I have an SR 2 ride that used to be an HHX. The relathing changed it, I’m sure, But it does sound brash alone and great in the mix. I put tape on it till I took it to a gig. Turned out I did want that much wash. It wasn’t a lot but at first I thought it was too much.

I added a 12” Ozone I’m planning to use as a splash. It’s a pretty neat little cymbal for sure!

A2B7AA86-112B-4D02-B23F-520C00117DF4.jpeg

Gave them a workout on this one.

Ardor and Mist lines sound great, quickly getting my attention.
I have a couple of Ardor crashes that should be here soon! Looking forward to getting them.

Wife had to work tonight so I decided to do some cleaning.

Before

5B053488-BAF2-4841-81F7-79A1B3959B66.jpeg

After

CE6DE973-B94E-4A21-ACBB-DD6CA43078F1.jpeg

Very cool! Is the logo and model etc. engraved into the cymbal? The cleaning seemed to almost enhance the logos, usually it does the opposite.

Very cool! Is the logo and model etc. engraved into the cymbal? The cleaning seemed to almost enhance the logos, usually it does the opposite.
Yes. Everything in engraved

Got the news ones in. 17.5” and 18.5” B20's. Ardor's.jpeg

EB2FB2A3-EA63-45F2-B94C-78CC377394D8.jpegB54A82A0-3581-4FC4-8826-D846600B4D75.jpeg257B94F2-D875-4A81-B175-CFAF83F6F006.jpeg0A4B0026-7F3A-4236-A536-EA9819092069.jpeg

interesting....the new indoor drumline I am working with has those....I thought they were an off market entry level cymbal. They don't sound bad, but this group is new and has little money to spend....good to hear someone else using them too

Back