New Cymbal!

Got a new cymbal to replace my EFX on my set-up. Still have it, but I only have it for a back-up or for a different gig.

So I today, I got a Sabian HHX Dave Weckl Evolution. It sounds ridiculous on my set-up... I love it! It's really loud and projects differently which is what I need.

Lovely! Fantastic! I wish I was there to have a go with that cymbal... :*)

That Z ride looks amazing too...Cheers brother!

Sweet!!! Is it a higher pitiched cymbal??? How does the bell sound? Looks like a cymbal on the heavy side or is it thinner than it appears? Enyoy man.

Sweet!!! Is it a higher pitiched cymbal??? How does the bell sound? Looks like a cymbal on the heavy side or is it thinner than it appears? Enyoy man.

It really projects! It has a pretty distinctive and odd sound between bright and dark. It's dark, but not too dark, but bright but again still not that bright. I'd say it's a mix of an HHXplosion and an XTreme crash but also abit of an O-Zone in there. The bell sounds amazing! The cymbal also works really well for a ride too, for being 17" it sounds great for Jazz! Infact, the cymbal as a whole has the same width and sustain as my Avedis Sweet Ride but cuts through more and has a more unique sound than a normal crash.

The cymbals actually thin like my sweet ride. I'd say, a medium-thin.

Back