New cymbal set choice paiste v zildjian

I don't know if everyone else play 2002 just because Bonzo did,

That is true, but the artist list is much more extensive. Almost every hair band and rock drummer in the 80's played 2002 or 3000 Paiste. Just go to their website and look at the drummer list. I am not saying artist weren't playing Z's or Sabians, but Paiste was the brand to have back in the day. I was there and couldn't afford them. I had to play on Camber's which sounded worse than a hub cap. I dreamed of owing Paiste back then - now its all I own.

I play Zildjian and Sabian cymbals because I can't afford Paiste cymbals.

Pai$te.

One of the local music chains says they sit there for years because of the pricing and is thinking about dropping them.

I mean $984 list for hi hats?

Pai$te.

One of the local music chains says they sit there for years because of the pricing and is thinking about dropping them.

I would probably be playing Paiste too if they weren't so expensive. $300 for a 17" crash?!?! O.O

I wouldn't be surprised if Music stores don't carry them because of the pricing. I saw a beautiful Giant beat crash sit around for months at a local store along with many other Paiste cymbals when Zildjian, Mienl and Sabian were selling like hot cakes.

The thing with 2002s is that everybody loves them because Bonzo played them.

Thats complete crap.. i have Paiste 2002's and had no idea what bonham played until reading this... Not everyones world revolves around him... and Bill Ward is better anyway... just a fact..

I would probably be playing Paiste too if they weren't so expensive. $300 for a 17" crash?!?! O.O

I wouldn't be surprised if Music stores don't carry them because of the pricing. I saw a beautiful Giant beat crash sit around for months at a local store along with many other Paiste cymbals when Zildjian, Mienl and Sabian were selling like hot cakes.

I picked up a Paiste 602 Modern Essentials top HH cymbal off of Craigslist for $150 and the best price I can get for a bottom is $250 plus tax.

Ouch!

Hahaha, you guys don't know how good you've got it! Try living in Australia.

For a long while you'd be spending no less than $400 on a crash, around $700-$800 for a pair of hihats, and anything up to and over $1000 for hihats or large rides, crashes, etc.

Prices went down a bit when the dollar was around parity with the USD, I ended up getting a Paiste 18" Giant Beat for about $360

My 8" UFIP Class splash cost $200 new when I bought it years ago.

... The k ride i have is very dry and lacks volume....

You didn't mention a K ride in the first post.

Which one do you have?

Edit: Just read through the posts and I see you got Giant Beat Multis. Hope they work out for you.

Last edited:
Pai$te.

I'm seeing good prices on used Paiste cymbals. Mostly Signature. The last cymbal I bought was a used Paiste 18" Signature Prototype crash for about $120. It's a great sounding cymbal and I'm using it this weekend as my solo crash.

I'm seeing good prices on used Paiste cymbals. Mostly Signature. The last cymbal I bought was a used Paiste 18" Signature Prototype crash for about $120. It's a great sounding cymbal and I'm using it this weekend as my solo crash.

Got the same crash off of GC used (T20 alloy) a few months ago at about the same price.

Pai$te has introduced a lower cost Signature Precision series to try and get people to buy.

Proto's are a good find if you like their unique qualities.

Attachments

• resizeDSC00043.jpg
    resizeDSC00043.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 419
Got the same crash off of GC used (T20 alloy) a few months ago at about the same price.

Pai$te has introduced a lower cost Signature Precision series to try and get people to buy.

Proto's are a good find if you like their unique qualities.

Yes, mine is the same except it doesn't say Prototype on the front, but there is a stamp inside the bell that tells me it's a Signature model. The lathing is obviously Signature too. It doesn't have the Signature label, so I figure it's a prototype. Great crash though. Cuts good in a loud gig. I couldn't hear my other crash at last Saturday's gig, but I could hear this one quite well.

Never thought about buying used Sig's before, until now. I'll be on the look-out for these, so to speak, because IMHO these are gems of the used cymbal world. Haven't heard of the Signature Precision series before, I'll have to check them out...

Last edited:
Back