New Cymbal Day - Kolossal K's

KamaK

Platinum Member
Fresh out of the box. Snapped a couple pics.

I've only spent a few minutes with these, and all I can say initially is that it's quite a shock to the ear to go from A-Customs to K's. They're just so radically different from one another. Will post some sound bytes I get used to them. 15h, 18c, 20c, 24r

c2zUdUs.jpg

yQ0Ht2x.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats!!

Yes, post up some audio... of both, if possible.

Very nice! I have a 24" K Light Ride and love it to death. You're gonna have a lot of fun with those pies!

I think you should get 2 A's in there. Then you need one cymbal that has an "M" for the logo.

Then you could spell KAMAK with your cymbals.

You're welcome lol.

Many happy returns on the K's.

Very nice! I have a 24" K Light Ride and love it to death. You're gonna have a lot of fun with those pies!
Indeed. The ride has been my favorite piece so far.
I think you should get 2 A's in there. Then you need one cymbal that has an "M" for the logo.

I was going to sell my A Customs and grab a set of plain old A's so that I have one set of A's and on set of K's. Perhaps I can put two A's close together to make an M.

KamaK;1406881 I was going to sell my A Customs and grab a set of plain old A's so that I have one set of A's and on set of K's. Perhaps I can put two A's close together to make an M.[/QUOTE said:
Get yourself a Meinl Crash and you'll be all set.

... you know you're thinking about doing it, too. Huh!? :)

Wow, they look great!
Give your ears some time to adjust - it will be worth it.
Some of my cymbals took a while to really 'get' them and love them.
You have old school covered with those huge K's !

Get yourself a Meinl Crash and you'll be all set.

... you know you're thinking about doing it, too. Huh!? :)

[panting]

I was interested in this set when I saw DCP's video about it. They're certainly good cymbals, I wouldn't be too miffed if I were playing a set of these as backline or anything. I'm guessing you'll find a few more dimensions to them than the A Customs. :)

Congrats dude, how are you getting on with the 15" Light Hats.

I'm loving mine, can't wait until they're played in!

Fresh out of the box. Snapped a couple pics.

I've only spent a few minutes with these, and all I can say initially is that it's quite a shock to the ear to go from A-Customs to K's. They're just so radically different from one another. Will post some sound bytes I get used to them. 15h, 18c, 20c, 24r

c2zUdUs.jpg

yQ0Ht2x.jpg

Those are sweet, I too went from A custom's to K's. I kept the A's on my other set. The K's took a couple week's to get my ears acquainted with, my 14in mastersound I liked immediately the 16 medium thin I liked but my 18 medium thin was so powerfull and deep I didnt know what to think. Now I just love them all, there is nothing like the sound of a good quality cymbal. Welcome to Zildjianville

Indeed. The ride has been my favorite piece so far.

I was going to sell my A Customs and grab a set of plain old A's so that I have one set of A's and on set of K's. Perhaps I can put two A's close together to make an M.

Now you're talking! I have a real dislike for either of the "Custom" lines. I now have a mix of regular As and regular Ks. They blend splendidly. I'd love to try a set of Ks in the large sizes you have. Looking forward to hearing them.

GeeDeeEmm

I just got a set of K's this week. 20" ride, 14" hats, 18" and 16" Dark thin crashes. Played them at a band practice last night (we auditioned a new lead guitarist). They felt sounded and felt perfect.

Those look delicious!

I have the 16" K Light Hats.. probably the most versatile, best sounding hats (and I'm usually a Sabian guy) I have ever played. I love them to death. Good luck with yours!

Wow nice looking set of cymbals there!! Yeah there's a big sound difference between A Customs and K's. Have a feeling like others have said once your ears adjust to the "darker" sound you'll love them.

I don't really care for any of the A Customs I've had. But like the set of regular A's I've got.

I like the K's I've got, but like my K Custom Darks more - go figure.

That said, I'd certainly like to have that gorgeous looking set of big K's you've got.
It looks like you've got a mix of Dark crashes, and Light Hats and Ride with that set - nice.

Fighting back some serious GAS here...WOW they look nice! Congrats.

It looks like you've got a mix of Dark crashes, and Light Hats and Ride with that set - nice.

Indeed. Light hats/ride. Dark/Thin crashes. So far, I'm still getting used to them but love playing them. I'll see if I can get my instructor to do a more cymbal-oriented lesson next month. I might also pull the ride up next to my work desk and spend some time getting to know it, as it's a strange beast that simultaneously defies and exceeds my expectations.

Fighting back some serious GAS here.
I'll admit, a good 15% of the reason I bought them was so I could practice my pimp-strut and cause jealousy among my peers. I guess I can cross that off my list now.

Back