New Craviotto (solid) Beech/Birdseye Maple snare

Thunder 42

Silver Member
I'd like to share my recent delivery via Memphis Drum Shop. A special drum has been added to my snare armory.

45/45 bearing edges, 7" x 14". Kept the stock heads (Coated Ambassador and Ambassador snare side). I am absolutely thrilled with this wonderful piece of craftsmanship.

Thoroughly enjoying the wonderful tone produced by beech and maple hybrid combination, in a masterfully prepared steam-bent Craviotto. Good low end and plenty of heft. It has the warmth of maple and beech with strength produced by beech tonal properties. Sounds very good high/medium and low. Very much enjoy playing this Craviotto and continue exploring the possibilities with this wonderful combination of beech and maple tone woods.

Attachments

• 033.jpg
    033.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 139
  • 044.jpg
    044.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 121
  • 046.jpg
    046.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 126

Stroker

Platinum Member
Looks out of this world, Thunder! I can almost hear it!

I wanted to go tube lugs on the recent DW-CS I purchased, but just couldn't talk myself into it, however, on your drum they look wild!

Thunder 42

Silver Member
Awesome drum. The finish is perfect!
Thanks, Bob. Enjoying the finish too - cherry inlays dress it nice.

Looks out of this world, Thunder! I can almost hear it!

I wanted to go tube lugs on the recent DW-CS I purchased, but just couldn't talk myself into it, however, on your drum they look wild!
Thanks, Stroker. Like the low mass and timeless look of the tube lugs.

That looks awesome!!!
Thanks, RB. Really diggin' your Birdseye Crav too.

Stroker

Platinum Member
The four-point shell-plates add serious kick to the overall design! It's executed so well!