new crash,

zepplin92

Hey, fellow drummers in looking into a new crash cymbal. My current setup is
20 Sabian AA ride
18 Zildjian zbt crash
18 Sabian B8 Chinese
14 Zildjian Zht rock hats

I looking to replace the zbt, i like to 18's if theres anything you might think would go with this let me know. I kinda like the 18 AA medium or the 18 AAxplosion. Im not partial to any brand but sabians tend to be cheaper here in Canada, But im probally buying used. I play mostly Rock, blues, and some funk. Your inputs and advice are appreciated thanks.

Consider an AAX Studio or Stage Crash. The AAXplosion is often felt to be a little too bright for many tastes, whereas the Studio and Stage are not. I've been using a 16" Studio Crash for nearly three years now and it's an excellent, excellent cymbal. Highly responsive and a great sound.

thanks guys, i find i like the thinner stuff, just sound nicer to me and sound better when hit hard and soft.

The paiste 2002s sound great but they only carry a twenty 22 light ride at my local music dealer. Ive heard that the sound clips on paiste website are great, but i need to play instruments before i buy, kinda like my golden rule.

The paiste 2002s sound great but they only carry a twenty 22 light ride at my local music dealer. Ive heard that the sound clips on paiste website are great, but i need to play instruments before i buy, kinda like my golden rule.

I personally think the sound clips on Paiste.com are better than hearing them in store, at least in the cymbal room anyways. The cymbals all sound...I don't know how to describe it, but very...dead, muted, etc. in the cymbal room. Although I have never asked if I could take a cymbal off the rack and put it on a display drum set. I'd recommend doing that.

Paistes are very consistent - perhaps due to their manufacturing technique. I bought a 22 ride and a 14" set of Sound edge HH's online and they sounded just like their sound clips on the Paiste website. I just ordered a 2002 18" crash from Music 123 for $243, after hearing one at GC which sounded just like the sound clip as well and was priced about the same. I just decided I wanted one that didn't have fingerprints and stick marks on it (plus, it's tax free).

If it was Zildjans I was buying, I would only buy it after hearing it. I would not buy them online.

Sabian AA Medium or Medium Thin
Zildjian A Medium or Medium Thin

I am assuming that your AA ride is medium to medium thin

I have a Zildjian A Fast Crash 18in. that is an awesome cymbal for rock and blues but it is thin. If you want a beefy crash don't go with a fast crash.

Actually, what I would do is buy a Sabian 18" HH OR AA Rock crash. Those things kill.

I think they would match just fine. But, you may have a different preference. I mix my Paiste's with A Zildjians and AA Sabians at times and they sound good to me.

what do you guys think about meinl soundcasters been eyeing a 17inch medium.

Hard to find the paiste 2002's around here but really like their sound may just pick one up blind on ebay, but i feel kinda iffy.

Back