New Clubdate pics

lefty2

Platinum Member
I had a chance to set up the new Ludwigs and take some pics. Right now I'm using the rack tom on a snare stand. I found if I didn't tighten the basket to the drum, it doesn't kill the drum as much. It's not positioned where I normally have it so it seems awkward right now. I have a suspended tom holder and clamp assembly that came with the kit, but I would need to use a heavy cym. stand to hold it. I'm planning on using the DW 6000 light weight stands, so I might just use the snare stand, I don't want to mount the rail on the kick too hastily either. So for now it's on the snare stand. The kit came with a Remo Dyamo port ring which is a real thoughtful addition, but it has a 5 1/4 hole in it. That's quite big for a 20" head, I think. I normally only make a port large enough for a Beta 52. The hoop depth is deeper than my other drum, so the pedals felt odd. The Fl. tom rings forever, like my BCAN yamaha 14" drum that I had a while back. I ended up putting 2 ply heads on top and bottom of that one. I'm sure I'll put a 2 ply on the top of this one latter. They are tuned pretty low and sound pretty good. All in all I'm quite happy with them. I still haven't really looked them over inside and out for any flaws, or defects.
0YQZDYQ.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
dK89diE.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
X59H76L.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
Agal1PR.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Sweet kit! Congrats. I'm sure it sounds incredible.

...and that snare too!

Wow! Those look lovely. I have been thinking about picking up a set of those, but the bass drum spurs (gullwings) make me really nervous. How are they working for you?

Wow! Those look lovely. I have been thinking about picking up a set of those, but the bass drum spurs (gullwings) make me really nervous. How are they working for you?
I've only played on them for about a half an hour in my little room and they worked okay. On June 1st I'm going to play a 2-hour gig with them and we will see then.

Okay chunkaway. I had a message on my phone Saturday morning asking me to play a gig Saturday night. So I took the drums out earlier than I expected to and they did great. The bass drum legs have spikes under the rubber tips and I used the carpet that was already on the stage which was very very thin carpet. The kick drum was secure the whole evening and did not seem to move at all so I think those legs are just fine

Old school vibe for sure. Very tasty.

I wonder what they would look like with natural UV yellowing in addition.

Okay chunkaway. I had a message on my phone Saturday morning asking me to play a gig Saturday night. So I took the drums out earlier than I expected to and they did great. The bass drum legs have spikes under the rubber tips and I used the carpet that was already on the stage which was very very thin carpet. The kick drum was secure the whole evening and did not seem to move at all so I think those legs are just fine

Thank you very much for the update. I really appreciate the info.

Old school vibe for sure. Very tasty.

I wonder what they would look like with natural UV yellowing in addition.

I want to take them outside and take pictures in the sunlight. However we have a slight problem with rain here in Kansas right now. All the creeks and rivers and lakes and stuff for overflowing. Not much Sunshine here lately

Back