vol14

hi drummers!

i need your help, so i realy want to master the book The new breed.

in the introduction of the book Gary points out that you should practice all the systems in three different feels this would be: playing behind the beat, playing on the beat and playing in front of the beat.

well to be honest i have no idee how to play onfront or behind the beat i do know what it means but i dont know how to execute it, so my qusteion is: is it absolutely necessary to practice this way? did all of guys practice the book like this way?..

All the best.

Last edited:
I'm not really an advocate for practicing that way. I think you'll be wasting your time chasing that particular thing before you've developed a pretty high level of proficiency with that book and with the drums in general. Just listen closely to the click and try to sit squarely on it.

I'm not really an advocate for practicing that way. I think you'll be wasting your time chasing that particular thing before you've developed a pretty high level of proficiency with that book and with the drums in general. Just listen closely to the click and try to sit squarely on it.

I agree with Todd. I have gone through the 39 systems 3 separate times. Just make it feel good. Bury the click and you will be golden.

Back