New band - something a bit different

PQleyR

Platinum Member
Hi guys, been a while since I've posted anything so I thought I'd share with you a live video from a band I've joined this year.

Alzir - Fire Nymph

This was part of a pretty frantic session where we just played through all the material we could in an afternoon, so this was the only take of this song and it's all completely live. The performance is quite frantic too but I like the energy of it. Hope you enjoy it!

PS: If anyone wants to find us on facebook hint hint it's here

Seafroggys

Silver Member
I was oddly impressed with the vocals, I wasn't really expecting that coming it (thought it was going to be growly metal).

Good drumming too! What's your ride?

PQleyR

Platinum Member
I was oddly impressed with the vocals, I wasn't really expecting that coming it (thought it was going to be growly metal).

Good drumming too! What's your ride?
Thanks, makes a change to have some melodic vocals doesn't it!

And thank you again. It's a Dream Energy 22".

KamaK

Platinum Member
Nice blend of influences, old Sound Garden, Misfits, etc. I felt right at home listening.

Good stuff.

Peace, love, and goodwill.

PQleyR

Platinum Member
Nice blend of influences, old Sound Garden, Misfits, etc. I felt right at home listening.

Good stuff.

Peace, love, and goodwill.
Thanks KamaK, that's really kind of you to say. I feel the same actually, I was a fan of this band for some time before being asked to join so it's really cool for me to be able to be involved.

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Really liking the energy in the room Ben. All well played, all well recorded. It's all got a pleasing "real" feel to it :)

Dr_Watso

Platinum Member
I like this way more than a lot of the other stuff you posted. Personal preference, but point is, this is up my alley.

PQleyR

Platinum Member
I like this way more than a lot of the other stuff you posted. Personal preference, but point is, this is up my alley.
Thanks Watso! Yeah, I'm aware my usual stuff is mainly the preserve of weirdos but trouble is there's thousands of 'em! I just followed the screaming and ended up playing songs about dragons! It wasn't meant to be that way, at least not originally. But oh well! Just as long as they keep screaming!

Icetech

Gold Member
Love it.. reminds me a ton of COC's deliverance album.. which was amazing. love that bass players sound too..

Dr_Watso

Platinum Member
Thanks Watso! Yeah, I'm aware my usual stuff is mainly the preserve of weirdos but trouble is there's thousands of 'em! I just followed the screaming and ended up playing songs about dragons! It wasn't meant to be that way, at least not originally. But oh well! Just as long as they keep screaming!
Just to be clear, you're totally slaying it in both bands!

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
First of all Ben, to be totally honest, you're a complete badass on drums. Music runs in your family. I'm sure this is like low RPM's in first gear for you but I love the headroom. The musical choices throughout sit just perfect with me, as well as what you do in Gloryhammer. That's why there's nothing you can do to get yourself off my personal badass list. I liked everything.

PQleyR

Platinum Member
First of all Ben, to be totally honest, you're a complete badass on drums. Music runs in your family. I'm sure this is like low RPM's in first gear for you but I love the headroom. The musical choices throughout sit just perfect with me, as well as what you do in Gloryhammer. That's why there's nothing you can do to get yourself off my personal badass list. I liked everything.
I don't quite know what to say, Larry, thank you so much! You are too kind.

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
Hey your welcome Ben.

I didn't really mean any of it :p

I'm kidding!

Has Gloryhammer run it's course?

PQleyR

Platinum Member
Hey your welcome Ben.

I didn't really mean any of it :p

I'm kidding!

Has Gloryhammer run it's course?
Ha!

No no, still going strong. I just don't like having less than two active bands at a time, I find doing several different things helps me to be more creative in all of them.

lefty2

Platinum Member
I really liked it too. Good solid rock. I think your Dream cyms. sound good. The few at my local store weren't very impressive. Everything about your video is great, except it needed more footage of you. lol.