New Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj Drum Cover

Hey guys!

Check out my new cover of “Side to Side” by Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj!

Please make sure to subscribe if you haven’t already! We’re only 7 away from 100 subscribers!! Let’s get there together!!

I enjoyed listening to your video because it looked like it something that was fun to do. I like your speed and power around the kit and the toms , powerful drumming.

Thanks for sharing.

I enjoyed listening to your video because it looked like it something that was fun to do. I like your speed and power around the kit and the toms , powerful drumming.

Thanks for sharing.
Thanks so much for the kind words. I hope you’ll consider subscribing to the channel if you haven’t already! I put up new videos every Saturday!

Nice playing! Just curious, is there a reason you have the toms setup so flat? I'm going by the camera angle from the hihat. Thanks

EDIT: What came off the 20" crash at 3:11?

Last edited:
Thanks! I have been trying these new Tom angles out for a while and it has been really interesting with speed around the kit. They definitely appear flatter in the angle then they actually are though. Also, nothing came off the crash but the phone set up to record over in that corner fell off its stand, lol.

Thanks! I have been trying these new Tom angles out for a while and it has been really interesting with speed around the kit. They definitely appear flatter in the angle then they actually are though. Also, nothing came off the crash but the phone set up to record over in that corner fell off its stand, lol.
Well I've just recently setup my toms with a more acute angle, more out of necessity because of my upgraded American grip over the last year. I think using more finger control requires a lower pivot point for the stick. I know this because I then had issues getting to my flat ride and hitting the floor tom with the butt end of my stick (I adjusted the ride to solve that).

I could probably continue to play my toms at a flatter angle (I thought for a long while that angled toms didn't look cool, so) but then I wouldn't get to use my new technique.

I think I spent a good 6 mos building up my new technique before forcing my kit to yet another "tweak". Anyway, you're young and healthy and you'll be fine doing it the way you're doing it for now. In 10 yrs, I don't know. :rolleyes:

Back