New addition to my Tama B/B kit.

mike d

Silver Member
I have a Tama Performer B/B kit in Smokey Indigo Burst. It consisted of 10" and 12" rack toms, 22" bass, 16" floor tom and 14"x 6.5" snare (I usually use my S.L.P. Bronze snare though). About 5 months ago I ordered a matching 18" floor tom. I had heard rumors that the SIB color was going to be discontinued, so I figured I'd get one while they are still in production. It finally arrived yesterday. It's a perfect match and actually looks like it was probably manufactured around the same time as my other drums. I was under the wrong impression that, because of the 5 month lead time, it would be a newly created drum, but the UPC tag on it with the standard part number, the "Made in China" and serial number on the emblem make me think it was just a stock item. Which makes me wonder... Why the 5 month wait?
Anyway, it looks absolutely perfect and sounds great, so I'm not complaining.

Josidiah

I definitely dig that color. Good call to make your move while they are still available, if the rumors you referred to are true.

Curious about the 5 month wait if the drum is as you described.

Boom

Silver Member
Congrats Mike. That is a beautiful finish, and smart of you to jump on it while you can. You should post pics...even if the heads are all worn out form you playing them so much, we can never see that finish too often :)

mike d

Silver Member
Pics to come. :)
I need to replace the stock G2 clear with a coated so it at least matches (Yes I'm OCD that way). I've been using UV1s on all my toms, but when I got the 18" I had to raise the tone of my 16" slightly and it made me realize I need to go to G2 coated on my larger toms (16 and 18). The UV1s work great on the smaller toms, but... well... you know... anyway... pics to come.

mike d

Silver Member
Okay... took a while to find a picture hosting spot that worked, but here's my kit in it's current configuration (subject to change and ignore the disarray of my dimly lit man cave).

Artstar

Platinum Member

That's an incredible finish Mike. Those drums are just too nice to be "mid-level" with the amount of quality finishes they offer as well as the qc on the whole kit.

mike d

Silver Member

That's an incredible finish Mike. Those drums are just too nice to be "mid-level" with the amount of quality finishes they offer as well as the qc on the whole kit.
I agree 100%
Here's a better picture of the match for the 18" and 16".
It shows the wood grain a little better too...