Nervous about upcoming Project!

NouveauCliche

Hey everyone,

I thought it would be fun to share some fun news with my drum family here.

My band was just invited to compose and collaborate on a track with Phil Manzanera - founding member of Roxy Music and guitarist for David Gilmour (Pink Floyd) and his partner Dan Chiorboli.

We sat down at band practice tonight and start to sketch out the general concert for the song and start sketching out ideas, etc. but we are pumped!

Phil will be playing guitar on the track and he'll be releasing on two different upcoming albums (and we might get to release it on our upcoming album too).

Excited - but super nervous about writing and performing on a track with someone that's literally in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Attachments

• 2019+Rock+Roll+Hall+Fame+Induction+Ceremony+gP7nswsnZbBx.jpg
    2019+Rock+Roll+Hall+Fame+Induction+Ceremony+gP7nswsnZbBx.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 14
  • gilmourmanzanera200215-Jo-Hale-Getty-Images.jpeg
    gilmourmanzanera200215-Jo-Hale-Getty-Images.jpeg
    236 KB · Views: 14
Sounds exciting Nicholas! I couldn't help but click "The Band" link. Really enjoyed the D'DAT album. The hiphop vocals are a unique sound on top of what sounds like old jazz rhythms. Congratulations and Good Luck!!

Sounds exciting Nicholas! I couldn't help but click "The Band" link. Really enjoyed the D'DAT album. The hiphop vocals are a unique sound on top of what sounds like old jazz rhythms. Congratulations and Good Luck!!

Thanks much - it's been a fun thing to work on the past several years! Hope this piece comes out!

Man what an awesome opportunity-I'd be nervous too. But I know it will all end well-be one of those once in a lifetime memories you can regale your grandkids. Congratulations!!! So you'll have to post some videos man-we are hooked now.

Man what an awesome opportunity-I'd be nervous too. But I know it will all end well-be one of those once in a lifetime memories you can regale your grandkids. Congratulations!!! So you'll have to post some videos man-we are hooked now.

Thanks man - It'll be cool!

So there's actually supposed to be a live stream event too associated with all of this in September - I think the albums are collab heavy so it'll be sort of like a festival.

When I get info on all of that I'll post it :)

Congrats, dude! Recording is always an opportunity to put your best foot forward. Cheers!

Great news, man. If you've obtained the project, there's no reason to be nervous. Your abilities have already been approved. Use them to your advantage. Convert your anxiety to creative energy. You'll be just fine.

Thanks man - I think nerves have certainly turned into excitement haha.

Never forget that you're there because you were wanted there. Now, just go exceed expectations. ;)

I'm sure you'll be good... just enjoy the excitement. :)

Just a quick update:

This whole session went amazingly well: It was a total blast. Looks like the track did will feature not only Phil Manzanera but Neil Finn from Crowded House and Bonnie Raitt!

The whole thing is funny because there's two volumes (albums) so far to this project and we were right on the cutoff for time to be on the first one so they decided to move our track to the second one...and that has worked out very well because Neil and Bonnie weren't on the first album at all!

Pretty cool stuff! Can't wait for this COVID stuff to be OVER because this group was planning on touring in Europe and South Africa and a couple of major festivals here in the US....all on hold.

Attachments

• 62C0D701-49FC-49EA-8A7F-A4C7077BB513-1F025C20-6FD7-4EF2-9F3B-9B87529364C1.JPG
    62C0D701-49FC-49EA-8A7F-A4C7077BB513-1F025C20-6FD7-4EF2-9F3B-9B87529364C1.JPG
    915.2 KB · Views: 13
...was recently reading about this project (I'm pretty sure it's the same one) online, it looks and sounds pretty interesting. ;)

...was recently reading about this project (I'm pretty sure it's the same one) online, it looks and sounds pretty interesting. ;)

Oh cool!! I'm curious where - this is titled "The Solidarity Express"!

Remember, you're already selected and they think it's good. Nobody to impress, just do your thing and rock it with no worries!

Back