Nervous about upcoming Project!

NouveauCliche

Hey everyone,

I thought it would be fun to share some fun news with my drum family here.

My band was just invited to compose and collaborate on a track with Phil Manzanera - founding member of Roxy Music and guitarist for David Gilmour (Pink Floyd) and his partner Dan Chiorboli.

We sat down at band practice tonight and start to sketch out the general concert for the song and start sketching out ideas, etc. but we are pumped!

Phil will be playing guitar on the track and he'll be releasing on two different upcoming albums (and we might get to release it on our upcoming album too).

Excited - but super nervous about writing and performing on a track with someone that's literally in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Attachments

rhumbagirl

Sounds exciting Nicholas! I couldn't help but click "The Band" link. Really enjoyed the D'DAT album. The hiphop vocals are a unique sound on top of what sounds like old jazz rhythms. Congratulations and Good Luck!!

NouveauCliche

Sounds exciting Nicholas! I couldn't help but click "The Band" link. Really enjoyed the D'DAT album. The hiphop vocals are a unique sound on top of what sounds like old jazz rhythms. Congratulations and Good Luck!!
Thanks much - it's been a fun thing to work on the past several years! Hope this piece comes out!

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
Man what an awesome opportunity-I'd be nervous too. But I know it will all end well-be one of those once in a lifetime memories you can regale your grandkids. Congratulations!!! So you'll have to post some videos man-we are hooked now.

NouveauCliche

Man what an awesome opportunity-I'd be nervous too. But I know it will all end well-be one of those once in a lifetime memories you can regale your grandkids. Congratulations!!! So you'll have to post some videos man-we are hooked now.
Thanks man - It'll be cool!

So there's actually supposed to be a live stream event too associated with all of this in September - I think the albums are collab heavy so it'll be sort of like a festival.

When I get info on all of that I'll post it :)

C.M. Jones

Great news, man. If you've obtained the project, there's no reason to be nervous. Your abilities have already been approved. Use them to your advantage. Convert your anxiety to creative energy. You'll be just fine.

NouveauCliche

Great news, man. If you've obtained the project, there's no reason to be nervous. Your abilities have already been approved. Use them to your advantage. Convert your anxiety to creative energy. You'll be just fine.
Thanks man - I think nerves have certainly turned into excitement haha.