Need some info....

jleeper

I used to play drums in the 80's and early 90's and in the mid 80's I picked up a drum kit that had an oversize bass drum, calfskin heads still on it with the big round pad that pushes on the head, the tom and ride cymbal mount to the bass drum and the floor tom had springs in the leg adjustments instead of the normal wing nut. I played the set live one time for fun and it has been sitting in my parents basement since. I'm thinking of putting it on craigslist to sell but have no idea what price to ask? It is a WFL kit, has most of the hardware for the drums except for one of the bass drum legs (they clamped onto the outer ring). Does not have the original snare, high hat or cymbal stand(s).

A guy who collected vintage drums at the time (the 80's) told me he would guess it to be late 30's WFL kit? That is the only thing I have to go off of for age. I'm not looking to make a fortune, just want to ask a fair price to get it out of my parents house, thoughts?

Kit includes Bass drum, ride tom with mount hardware, floor tom with legs....all drums have the rings and hardware to hold heads on and bass drum has the cymbal hardware. No original pedal, snare, or high hat.

Thanks,

Jack

Tamadrm (Steve B.) will be able to help.......I know pics will help him better advise you though. Can you post any?

The kit is at my parents and I am not near there at this time. I'll post when I get a chance, and pull them out of storage. I know pic's are better but right now going off memory is all I have until I get over to my folks house.

Jack

The WFL badge was used from the Late 30's up until around 1958.It sounds to me like your kit was made in the late 40's ,early 50's,because of the clip on spurs, but thats just a guess.I would have to see numerous and CLEAR pics(as in no cell phone).Calf skin heads were used up to the mid to late 50's.

Condition, finish and originality are everything as far as market value.Just because the kit is old,dosen't mean it's worth a lot of money.

Steve B

I'll get some pic's when I can. I'm sure it is not worth all that much money, but I just don't know what to ask, $50 or $300 or what....I'm just trying to get a ballpark amount that is fair.

My regular kit that I used to play on, and hopefully plan to start playing again is a 1968 ludwig 7-piece set (but I only played it as a 4 piece). I don't plan to sell that one as I really like the look and sound.
Picture from the 80s

Thanks for the feedback on the wfl set. I'll post a picture when I get back to my parents house and pull it out of storage.

Back