Need help to ID old Premier Drum set

They do look like the ones on my Yamaha bass drum.
Are you referring to the bass drum claws? They were on the drum when I bought it and I assumed they were were original Premier claws but I can’t say for sure. I can say they work just fine.

Here's a 22" XPK Astria bass drum from about the same time as ocgvictoria's kit.....

1611816022414.png

...looks like what he already has. I'd say they're original to the kit.

Elvis

Are you referring to the bass drum claws? They were on the drum when I bought it and I assumed they were were original Premier claws but I can’t say for sure. I can say they work just fine.

They are the originals, they look like Yamaha ones as they first appeared when Yamaha owned Premier. A lot (though by no means all) of the kit hardware was derived from Yamaha stuff.

That's a mid 80's drum from lugs and badge, a 1006 from the original version of the APK, which had split speedboat lugs. Nice drums.
Cheers, I’ve looked into this and I think you might be right! Was sold to me as a 90’s APK and matched the badge in the 1988 catalogue...but 80’s works for me; it’s in amazing shape!! :D (y)

Last edited:
They are the originals, they look like Yamaha ones as they first appeared when Yamaha owned Premier. A lot (though by no means all) of the kit hardware was derived from Yamaha stuff.
Never knew Yamaha owned Premier :unsure: But if that happened in the 80s or 90s I was out of drumming at that time.

Hmmm, would Yamaha hardware parts fit this kit if I ever needed them?

Last edited:
ocgvictoria,

Yes, for a few years, Premier was aligned with Yamaha. Late 80's - (very) early 90's, IIRC.
Yamaha parts aren't an exact match, but it might be worth a shot.

Last edited:
That's a mid 80's drum from lugs and badge, a 1006 from the original version of the APK, which had split speedboat lugs. Nice drums.
That's a Late 80's drum.
Badge was slightly different earlier in that decade...

1611847884370.png

...and by the time ocgvictoria's drums were built, the badge had changed again.....

1611847417101.png

Elvis

Back